Excellent value Ballhead for a tripod / monopod

Stridey

Link Posted 27/09/2015 - 18:05
If anyone is in the market for a cheap ballhead, I can highly recommend the following from 7dayshop. I've got two (one on tripod, one on monopod) and they are excellent value for money :

https://www.7dayshop.com/products/7dayshop-professional-quality-ball-socket-head...
Best regards
Nigel

www.nigelstridephotography.co.uk

boudou701

Link Posted 07/10/2015 - 14:36
i second that very happy with mine - better than the older version (which was already a bargain).
KX film, ME Super, K-S2
Pentax 10-17mm, Sigma 10-20mm, Tamron 17-50mm, Pentax 55-300mm
Sigma 20mm f1.8, Sigma 24mm f2.8, Sigma 30mm f1.4, Pentax A 50mm f1.7, Pentax K 55mm f1.8
Metz 36 AF-4
--> borrow or rent Photography equipment from people around you on Needy Monkey - link

screwdriver222

Link Posted 10/10/2015 - 17:21
Mine arrived today. Looks good.

I can't quite fit the plate so I can use both spirit levels, I will have to make do with just one of them.
Flickr link

davidstorm

Link Posted 11/10/2015 - 11:24
I've used one of these for a couple of years, it is great. Since getting it I don't use my pan and tilt head any more. The ball head copes with a lot of weight with ease, I've never felt it is insecure or liable to break.

Regards
David
My Website http://imagesbydavidstorm.foliopic.com

Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

WaypointCharlie

Link Posted 28/11/2015 - 12:45
What's the ball diameter? 30mm?

Stridey

Link Posted 01/07/2016 - 20:01
Someone recently suggested that as I am using a ballhead on my tripod, I should use an L-bracket as well. Although not advertised as such, the 7dayshop ballhead plate is arca-swiss compatible so there are several L-bracket options that match. Not wanting to pay a fortune, I found this one on internet (such a bargain at 3.96 inc delivery) and I have to say it is so so much easier and quicker to move the camera from landscape to portrait format without having to achieve the manoeuvre by changing the position of the ball within the head :

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TOOGOO-Universal-Release-Bracket-Olympus/dp/B0199CMMKU/...

It was delivered from China - well packaged and it arrived in 10 days.
Best regards
Nigel

www.nigelstridephotography.co.uk
Last Edited by Stridey on 01/07/2016 - 20:02

WaypointCharlie

Link Posted 01/07/2016 - 20:32
Excellent tip Nigel. I use a very much more expensive L-bracket custom designed for the K-5 and find it very helpful. Another benefit of the L-brackets is they have a flange which prevents the camera twisting (I've never found a conventional base which grips completely reliably in portrait orientation). Also, my L-bracket (and it appears the one you suggest) has a 1/4" screw hole, so you can mount it directly onto a tripod/monopod if you wish.

Blythman

Link Posted 01/07/2016 - 20:38
Excellent bargain Nigel. I thought I was a cheap skate. Mine was about a tenner
Alan

PPG
Flickr
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.