Evening all.

LongTimeLurker

Link Posted 20/07/2013 - 22:55
Hello,

Having been a long-time reader of this site, I thought that I should at least contribute a little by registering and joining in with the conversations and general chat.

I'll not award myself a prize for coming up with a catchy username (I am not known for my originality!).

I was going to join a few weeks ago when I saw the innvitation to join other members walking Ilkley Moor but work commitments scuppered my ability to meet-up on that occassion.

The moor is my patch and I get out with the camera as much as possible, generally to soak-up the last of the evening light.

A question if I may... an item in the classifieds has caught my eye but I am unable to send the necessary PM due to being brand new here (need to wait 30 days to send). What is the protocol for new members to take part (purchasing) in the classified sales? Is it acceptable to post to the sale thread or do I need to wait for a month in order to send a PM?

Thank you.

Signature coming just as soon as I have thought of something witty...

johnriley

Link Posted 21/07/2013 - 00:18
Welcome!

Just post a message in the For Sale thread. The OP can message you, after which you will be able to reply.
Best regards, John

Helpful

cedricd

Link Posted 21/07/2013 - 10:36
Welcome to the forum Nigel, I`m sure you will have a grand experience or two. Join in, post pix and enjoy.
Enjoy life

AndrewA

Link Posted 21/07/2013 - 10:42
Hello and Welcome to the Forum
Andrew

"I'm here because the whiskey is free" - Tyla

PPG link
Flickr link

Stuey

Link Posted 21/07/2013 - 11:15
Hello and welcome
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link

LongTimeLurker

Link Posted 21/07/2013 - 12:41
Will do, thank you John.

Thank you to you all for the welcoming words.
Nigel.

Getting older and grumpier. Taking longer to decide which lens to use today.

K5 with auto-everything lenses
A collection of manual primes to keep me in touch with the pleasures of doing it old-school.

davidstorm

Link Posted 21/07/2013 - 12:44
Hi and welcome to the Forum! We are mostly harmless and friendly, I'm sure you have already found that there's a lot of useful information on here!

Regards
David
My Website http://imagesbydavidstorm.foliopic.com

Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

LongTimeLurker

Link Posted 21/07/2013 - 12:52
davidstorm wrote:
Hi and welcome to the Forum! We are mostly harmless and friendly, I'm sure you have already found that there's a lot of useful information on here!

Regards
David

Hi David.

I agree, plenty of useful information and guidance. The forum has been a great help in deciding what camera to buy and how to get the most from it.

I purchased my K5 nearly two years ago and I thoroughly enjoy using it. It will provide me many years of service I am sure. Mrs LongTimeLurker likes to use it also, which is useful when I have to sneak another photography "widget" into the house (my latest being a tripod) ...
Nigel.

A collection of manual primes to keep me in touch with the pleasures of doing it old-school.

PJMcKenna

Link Posted 21/07/2013 - 17:57
Hi Nigel,

Welcome from another new member.

Paul
Cheers Paul

Pentax K5, DA 18-55 WR, DA 18-135 WR, DA 55-300 ED, DA 35 f2.8 Macro Limited, A 50 f1.7, DA 50 f1.8
Samsung GX10, D-Xenon 18-55, SEF-36PZF Flash
Sigma 10-20 EX DC f4-5.6

LongTimeLurker

Link Posted 21/07/2013 - 22:23
Hi Paul,

Thank you for the welcome and I return the greeting
Nigel.

davem

Link Posted 22/07/2013 - 09:12
Hello Nigel

It was a shame you could not meet us the other week on Ilkley Moor. Never mind there are plenty of other meets around Yorkshire during the year. You and your wife would are always welcome.

Dave

LongTimeLurker

Link Posted 22/07/2013 - 19:39
Thank you Dave. Will keep an eye on the meeting threads.

Work and family time meant no-show for me on this occasion.

I live close to the moor and walk to work in Burley-in-Wharfedale when I can via White Wells, across the top of the moor around the back of the Cow and Calf.

The cotton grass has been lovely during the last few weeks and I have been learning the characteristics of my M150 lens en-route: a lovely lens to walk about with, albeit a little short for getting pictures of the red kites over Burley Moor.
Nigel.

Last Edited by LongTimeLurker on 22/07/2013 - 20:06
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.