Erddig
Posted 16/12/2010 - 21:43
Link
I see you Wirral people are invading Wales once again
I like number 1 - number 2 is a little unsual and yet still interesting.
I never comment on the technical side, one look at my flickr gallery shows why there is no room for such comments from me
You may already know this, but only 10 minutes further down the a483 and you will find Ty Mawr Country park in Cefn Mawr or for around 15 to 20 minutes more there is also Llangollen
Both are pretty good for photos
Cheers
Stu
I like number 1 - number 2 is a little unsual and yet still interesting.
I never comment on the technical side, one look at my flickr gallery shows why there is no room for such comments from me
You may already know this, but only 10 minutes further down the a483 and you will find Ty Mawr Country park in Cefn Mawr or for around 15 to 20 minutes more there is also Llangollen
Both are pretty good for photos
Cheers
Stu
Posted 16/12/2010 - 22:42
Link
Quote:
I tried some general shots of the shoppers, but wasn't happy with them
So what`s wrong with Welsh shoppers ? not pretty enough I tried some general shots of the shoppers, but wasn't happy with them
The daft thing is I work 5 miles from it, live 15 miles from there,and am a National Trust member, but have never been to Erddig.
Davex.
Posted 17/12/2010 - 08:28
Link
The colour in the first shot is vibrant Ted. Is it a wide angle? I'm not so keen on the lansdscape, the forground seems dark on my monitor and could do with a lift. The sky detail is beautiful though.
David
David
Posted 17/12/2010 - 08:55
Link
Stuey wrote:
number 2 is a little unsual and yet still interesting.
I never comment on the technical side, one look at my flickr gallery shows why there is no room for such comments from me
With number two I was trying to make something of nothing really. It was just before we wnet home and I coud see the light was nice, but there wasn't anything really of interest close by. ( And Mrs Ted was gettig bored! )number 2 is a little unsual and yet still interesting.
I never comment on the technical side, one look at my flickr gallery shows why there is no room for such comments from me
Please feel free to comment on the technicalities Stuey, It is also a good way to learn. The most useful book I've read had nothing to do with taking photos. It was called "How to Look at Photographs".
David: Both shots were with kit lens. The haywain was taken with lens fully back (I think), but close up to the hay.
Getting there! Thanks to you guys
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Posted 17/12/2010 - 08:56
Link
The first one for me... I like the shades of the red and blue
and the way the cart and straw blend in.
and the way the cart and straw blend in.
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 17/12/2010 - 08:57
Link
Really like the composition of no1, the position of the shafts 'invite' you in to the whole of the shot. Lighting reveals the different textures, particularly the brickwork, very well.
Echo the previous comment about lightening the foreground of no2, something I have difficulty with.
Echo the previous comment about lightening the foreground of no2, something I have difficulty with.
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
Posted 17/12/2010 - 11:09
Link
Just a thought Ted. You and Tozza come from the Wirral. It's between Merseyside and Wales so does that make you Scaffies or Towcers?
David
David
Posted 17/12/2010 - 12:25
Link
Erm...Guards
Getting there! Thanks to you guys
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


2562 posts
18 years
Wirral
Anyhow, we went to a Christmas fayre at Erddig House last weekend. I tried some general shots of the shoppers, but wasn't happy with them.
Then I went back to more comfortable teritory ( no people! )
So, here is my offering. Not sure with the landscape, so interested to hear your comments.
[IMG]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i296/Father_Ted/PHOTOS/ErddigHaywain.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i296/Father_Ted/PHOTOS/ErddigLandscape.jpg[/IMG]
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.