Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Epson reset software

FAT8BIKER
Posted 01/02/2012 - 20:43 Link
Hi all
Has any body used Epson reset counter software, and if so did it work.
Regards
Dave:::
fatspider
Posted 01/02/2012 - 20:57 Link
I assume you mean the software which gets the printer working again when it shuts down cos' it thinks the waste tank is full? then yes It worked for me, I used it on my last Epson an R300, I had a continous ink system fitted at the time and it continued to operate through another set of 250ml ink bottles, even then I had no problems with seepage or overflow from the waste tank.

What did for the printer was a failure in the heads reseating at rest and allowing ink to syphon back into the CISS
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
FAT8BIKER
Posted 01/02/2012 - 22:18 Link
Thanks Alan
You dont remember which one it was, there seems to be a lot out there.
Also what CISS did you use.
Cheers
Dave
fatspider
Posted 02/02/2012 - 10:40 Link
Sorry Dave, must be 4/5 years since I did it.

The CISS was a cheapo, got it at the computer market in Manchester (Bowlers) guy I bought it from fitted the CISS while I browsed the fair and I picked it up on the way out. I have to add that it worked almost flawlessly until the problems mentioned above. Cost me about £130 total, printers were going for £99 at the time.

I'm currently using a Permajet system but have to say I am very disappointed with it, the build quality isn't a patch on the cheap system I had and I've been beset with problems from day 1, in hindsight I wish I bought another cheap system or even looked at refillable cartridges.

Are you aware that you can also get conversion kits to allow waste ink to flow into a bag outside the printer, which can then be emptied.
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
Edited by fatspider: 02/02/2012 - 10:41
greynolds999
Posted 02/02/2012 - 11:33 Link
Catheters for printers. Who would have thunk it?
FAT8BIKER
Posted 02/02/2012 - 11:46 Link
Thanks again Alan.
Yes i have seen the waste systems on youtube and on ebay, but it is possible to make one your self.
Thanks again for your help.
Regards
Dave
SteveF
Posted 05/02/2012 - 12:28 - Helpful Comment Link
I only just read this thread.

I have an Epson Printer Reset disk, which I used to reset an Epson Stylus Photo 810 a couple of years ago.

If you want to try it, pm me your address and I'll post it to you. No charge, just post it back when you're done.
FAT8BIKER
Posted 05/02/2012 - 12:45 Link
SteveF wrote:
I only just read this thread.

I have an Epson Printer Reset disk, which I used to reset an Epson Stylus Photo 810 a couple of years ago.

If you want to try it, pm me your address and I'll post it to you. No charge, just post it back when you're done.

Thanks Stevef
The printer is working ok at the moment, i am just thinking ahead.
Will keep your offer in mind.

Regards
Dave

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.