End Results...

Classvino

Link Posted 15/04/2008 - 19:39
A friend sent me this following up on a discussion we had a few months back - not sure if it's heretical or not, but thought I'd post it for your perusal...

http://gordonmcgregor.blogspot.com/2008/04/art-is-verb.html

I find I take many more images than I process - actually I take many images I never really look at again after downloading...
--------------
MZ-6,K10D,K20D,Grip,DA*Zooms,DA 18-55-200 Kit,FA50,1.7TC,AFZ360
For Saleentax FA28-90,FA100-300,Sigma EX28-80,DC18-200,
Makinon 500mm Mirror

pschlute

Link Posted 15/04/2008 - 20:49
I guess this a variation on the theme that the journey is more important than the "getting there"

I dont knock it if someone enjoys it but I don't see the point myself.
Peter

My Flickr page

fatspider

Link Posted 15/04/2008 - 22:16
We have a saying in Yorkshire;

"theres nowt so queer as folk"
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

Mongoose

Link Posted 16/04/2008 - 12:04
I go along with this to the extent that, for me, the most enjoyable part of photography is taking the pictures. I'm a bit of a techno-geek and I love using the camera. This is the reason I occasionally put a roll through my K1000 or ME-Super. I long ago gave up on any idea that they produced significantly better pictures than my DSLR, but using them is fun in a different way.
you don't have to be mad to post here

but it does help

Don

Link Posted 16/04/2008 - 13:33
By that logic, maybe we can convince the world's militaries to start using blanks?
could be on to something...
But I still think it's hardly productive to snap a camera, and not ook at the results.
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.

Mongoose

Link Posted 16/04/2008 - 14:12
I agree, even though I find taking the pictures is the bit I enjoy most, I wouldn't be able to justify or enjoy that part if there was no end result.
you don't have to be mad to post here

but it does help

Classvino

Link Posted 16/04/2008 - 14:22
Quote:
I wouldn't be able to justify or enjoy that part if there was no end result.

I agree wholeheartedly. I wasn't suggesting we all wipe our cards before downloading - I certainly won't be deleting any photos either, but I took the point of the article not to be "Don't look at your pictures" but more to mean "Enjoy the act of taking pictures - don't worry about the final results so much that it becomes a chore..."

Of course, photographers being paid for their work have to worry about the final product - it's their bread and butter - that IS their "chore" (though one would hope it's not UN-enjoyable...)
--------------
MZ-6,K10D,K20D,Grip,DA*Zooms,DA 18-55-200 Kit,FA50,1.7TC,AFZ360
For Saleentax FA28-90,FA100-300,Sigma EX28-80,DC18-200,
Makinon 500mm Mirror

Don

Link Posted 16/04/2008 - 14:39
Quote:
Of course, photographers being paid for their work have to worry about the final product - it's their bread and butter - that IS their "chore" (though one would hope it's not UN-enjoyable...)

far as I'm concerned, there's only two types of client....
Those that are a pleasure to work with...and those that pay more.javascript:emoticon('')
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.