Eclipse fluid compatibility

gregmoll
Posted 21/07/2009 - 19:34 Link
Hi,

After much lurking and browsing, my first post.

Doing a search on all the sensor cleaning discussions I came across a statement by Daniel Bridge here, link that Eclipse fluid is not compatible with a K10D sensor.

Could Daniel or someone please elaborate, as I've just bought some to use on my K200D, what should I be using?

Greg
yelvertoft
Posted 21/07/2009 - 19:43 Link
You should be using E2 with the K200D according to the manufacturer's compatibility chart here:
http://www.photosol.com/cameras_bymfg.html
Anvh
Posted 21/07/2009 - 19:52 Link
You need to use Eclipse E2 link
It's because the new sensors have a TIN OXIDE coating or something, the normal eclipse harms that coating so far that I could understand.
Stefan
Comment Image

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ
gregmoll
Posted 21/07/2009 - 19:59 Link
Thanks,
Back to the shop tomorrow, at least I haven't used it yet.

Greg
Oggy
Posted 21/07/2009 - 20:19 Link
Would one not have to be rather vigorous to get the fluid on the sensor?
Comment Image
gregmoll
Posted 21/07/2009 - 20:35 Link
That went though my mind as I believe that what one is cleaning is actually the glass filter and not the sensor itself, perhaps the liquid can flow behind the glass to the sensor by capillary attraction.

Greg
Edited by gregmoll: 21/07/2009 - 20:36
Anvh
Posted 21/07/2009 - 20:42 Link
Quote:
The dominant use of stannous oxide is as a precursor in manufacturing of other, typically divalent, tin compounds or salts. Stannous oxide may also be employed as a reducing agent and in the creation of ruby glass.
I think we can assume that the protective glass is made of that.

ps. Stannous oxide = Tin oxide
Stefan
Comment Image

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ
Edited by Anvh: 21/07/2009 - 20:43
Oggy
Posted 21/07/2009 - 21:40 Link
As per the Stannery Parliament, true rulers of God's own land - or is that Mebyon Kernow

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo