Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Duchess of Sutherland

gtis
Posted 02/03/2019 - 20:09 Link
Hi
The duchess of Sutherland will be in York
Next Saturday around 1405
cheers Neil
pentax k3
DA* 300 f4 DA* 50-135 f 2.8 smc DA* 16-50 f2.8 50mm f1.7 pentax1.4xhd converter





Panasonic Dmc Fz200
JAK
Posted 03/03/2019 - 01:21 Link
gtis wrote:
Hi
The duchess of Sutherland will be in York
Next Saturday around 1405

So will 60009 ĎUnion of South Africaí. Don't know the timing though.
John K
Edited by JAK: 03/03/2019 - 01:25
gtis
Posted 03/03/2019 - 10:42 Link
JAK wrote:
gtis wrote:
Hi
The duchess of Sutherland will be in York
Next Saturday around 1405

So will 60009 ĎUnion of South Africaí. Don't know the timing though.

Hi
It looks like 1150 to Carlisle from platform 10
cheers Neil
pentax k3
DA* 300 f4 DA* 50-135 f 2.8 smc DA* 16-50 f2.8 50mm f1.7 pentax1.4xhd converter





Panasonic Dmc Fz200
pgweber
Posted 03/03/2019 - 13:59 Link
Full timings for the Duchess here:
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/U10654/2019/03/09/advanced

Union of South Africa here:
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/U55259/2019/03/09/advanced

Ignore the fact that they refer to a diesel locomotive and trailing load - the system doesn't identify steam locos.

Both links show real time progress of the trains on the day.
-
I may be at the Steam Gala at the Worth Valley on Saturday (though that runs from Friday through to Sunday).

https://kwvr.co.uk/event/2019-spring-gala/2019-03-08/
Peter

Pentax K5
Pentax DA 18-55 Mk1, 50-200 (Samsung), 16-45, 55-300 Mk1, 35 f/2.4
Pentax MZ6 + FA28-90, FA50 f/1.4, M 50 f/1.7
Tamron 80-210mm & 28mm
Edited by pgweber: 03/03/2019 - 14:00
gtis
Posted 04/03/2019 - 10:30 Link
Hi
Just to let you know I will be in York Saturday March 9th to see the steam trains
cheers Neil
pentax k3
DA* 300 f4 DA* 50-135 f 2.8 smc DA* 16-50 f2.8 50mm f1.7 pentax1.4xhd converter





Panasonic Dmc Fz200
davidtrout
Posted 05/03/2019 - 20:36 Link
I might have joined you at York Neil but I think if I had the opportunity I'd rather go to Ribblehead Viaduct to photograph Union of South African on its way to Carlisle. I haven't got a photo of an A4 at Ribblehead yet, but I already have loads of both UoSA and the Duchess at York.
David
JAK
Posted 05/03/2019 - 20:49 Link
davidtrout wrote:
I might have joined you at York Neil but I think if I had the opportunity I'd rather go to Ribblehead Viaduct to photograph Union of South African on its way to Carlisle. I haven't got a photo of an A4 at Ribblehead yet, but I already have loads of both UoSA and the Duchess at York.
David

Don't know why but now showing as cancelled.
John K
gtis
Posted 05/03/2019 - 21:11 Link
JAK wrote:
davidtrout wrote:
I might have joined you at York Neil but I think if I had the opportunity I'd rather go to Ribblehead Viaduct to photograph Union of South African on its way to Carlisle. I haven't got a photo of an A4 at Ribblehead yet, but I already have loads of both UoSA and the Duchess at York.
David

Don't know why but now showing as cancelled.

Just checked on the tour website and itís not on
So it looks like itís been cancelled itís not even
On RTT
cheers Neil
pentax k3
DA* 300 f4 DA* 50-135 f 2.8 smc DA* 16-50 f2.8 50mm f1.7 pentax1.4xhd converter





Panasonic Dmc Fz200
gtis
Posted 06/03/2019 - 09:29 Link
cheers Neil
pentax k3
DA* 300 f4 DA* 50-135 f 2.8 smc DA* 16-50 f2.8 50mm f1.7 pentax1.4xhd converter





Panasonic Dmc Fz200
Posted 25/03/2019 - 15:08 Link
Saw Mayflower at the weekend it was working Southend East to Sheffield Park. Still need duchess so hopefully it gets repaired soon
Visit my YouTube channel (trainmania100) or visit my website Rail Record live train times
JohnX
Posted 25/03/2019 - 18:10 Link
A question for you steam buffs. Is there a single site that shows all the upcoming steam hauled trips please, and which company is selling them?
smudge
Posted 25/03/2019 - 18:52 Link
JohnX wrote:
A question for you steam buffs. Is there a single site that shows all the upcoming steam hauled trips please, and which company is selling them?

http://www.uksteam.info/tours/trs19.htm
This site is what you need.
Regards, Philip
gtis
Posted 25/03/2019 - 21:06 Link
mburdett555 wrote:
Saw Mayflower at the weekend it was working Southend East to Sheffield Park. Still need duchess so hopefully it gets repaired soon

Hi itís the Union of South Africa thatís being repaired not the Duchess of Sutherland
cheers Neil
pentax k3
DA* 300 f4 DA* 50-135 f 2.8 smc DA* 16-50 f2.8 50mm f1.7 pentax1.4xhd converter





Panasonic Dmc Fz200
JohnX
Posted 26/03/2019 - 16:52 Link
smudge wrote:
JohnX wrote:
A question for you steam buffs. Is there a single site that shows all the upcoming steam hauled trips please, and which company is selling them?

http://www.uksteam.info/tours/trs19.htm
This site is what you need.

Brilliant! Thanks Philip.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.