Dragonfly in flight
Posted 30/08/2011 - 23:17
Link
xtian wrote:
Good capture, but it would have been better if there aren't any motion with the wings.
Agreed but I think any more higher shutter speed and I would have lost detail with the larger aperture or higher ISO noise. Im desperate to have another go in sunshine!
Good capture, but it would have been better if there aren't any motion with the wings.
Posted 30/08/2011 - 23:23
Link
Mike-P wrote:
How much cropping (if any).
For things as good as dragonflies its pretty good. I think the longer focal length and the subject filling more of the frame helps the autofocus.NeilP wrote:
Used the sigma 150-500mm.
Even better if you used a 150-500mm .. not really known as a macro lens Used the sigma 150-500mm.
How much cropping (if any).
I managed this within 2 weeks of getting my first DSLR set up, k20d and and the sigma

norfolk hawker chaser in flight sat by Neil Phillips, on Flickr
All my friends with canons, nikon and oly didn't get it - beginners luck perhaps!
Posted 31/08/2011 - 01:12
Link
The Migrant Hawker is just phenomenal. Fantastic picture.
Can I ask how you took it? Had you settled down for the day knowing where
a good spot to catch them was or were you just extremely jammy-lucky?!
Can I ask how you took it? Had you settled down for the day knowing where
a good spot to catch them was or were you just extremely jammy-lucky?!
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


2523 posts
16 years
Here,
there,
everywhere
My Website
PPG
flickr
G+
Facebook