Does Stefan have a day job?

Mannesty

Link Posted 24/04/2010 - 22:52
Stefan joined this forum on 4th July 2008 and has to date contributed 5744 posts. That's an average of more than 8.7 posts per day, every day, 7 days a week.

Keep it up Stefan! You'll soon be ahead of George's post count, and he's been around since Noah beached the ark
Peter E Smith

My flickr Photostream
Last Edited by Mannesty on 24/04/2010 - 22:52

Gwyn

Link Posted 24/04/2010 - 22:58
He's a student isn't he? Loads of time for forums in that case .

Daniel Bridge

Link Posted 24/04/2010 - 23:05
I find it quite unusual that he's yet to contribute to this thread...

Dan
K-3, a macro lens and a DA*300mm...

Mannesty

Link Posted 24/04/2010 - 23:08
Of course, I'd forgotten that Gwyn. He's probably very young too and therefore doesn't waste any time on sleep.

Good to know that PentaxUser land is in good hands, 24 hours a day. Our man in Holland/Nederland is there to answer all the tricky posts . . . so that we don't have to.

Stefan, you are a diamond geezer.
Peter E Smith

My flickr Photostream

Mannesty

Link Posted 24/04/2010 - 23:11
Daniel Bridge wrote:
I find it quite unusual that he's yet to contribute to this thread...

Dan

I'm dreading George joining in. I didn't mean it George, honest.
Peter E Smith

My flickr Photostream

Anvh

Link Posted 24/04/2010 - 23:21

Thank you Peter, George isn't around very often any more and I'm trying to fill in that blanks with quantity because I can't match the quality of George comments yet.

I'm currently unemployed though and I already finished school beside my internship which I'm trying to find one. I've send a real letter to the states but it was just one day before the ash-cloud so with some luck they finally got my letter now or very soon, so cross your fingers for me please. I really want to go to that place and that's why I hang a bit back contacting others.

The past few weeks I've been searching the web for internships, being to Antwerp taking photos, took photos on a my little brothers party (might upload some photos), fell in love with my first ex , playing with pre-release of a certain photography program , watch the BBC series the genius of photography, watched Edward Burtynsky's Manufactured Landscapes (very good you should see it, maybe I can broadcast it over the web?) and have copies of Annie Leibovitz Life Through A Lens, Edward Quin Riveriera Cocktail & Henri Cartier-Bresson The Impassioned Eye which i still need to see, bought a cuddle today and a monday or tuesday I've a shoot with my two smaller cousins (5 months and 2 years) as subjects and on the other day I will go to the photo-club and help some school kids in the darkroom for the first time which will be fun.

You see I've been busy
Oh and just in mysteries way my Spyder3pro transformed into an elite so I can now calibrate the projector at the photo-club
Stefan

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ

Anvh

Link Posted 24/04/2010 - 23:28
Mannesty wrote:
Of course, I'd forgotten that Gwyn. He's probably very young too and therefore doesn't waste any time on sleep.

Good to know that PentaxUser land is in good hands, 24 hours a day. Our man in Holland/Nederland is there to answer all the tricky posts . . . so that we don't have to.

Stefan, you are a diamond geezer.

I'm 23 if you want to know and I'm not the youngest on the forum... I don't remember who was though

About the tricky question, I ain't doing that bad right with not even 2 years of photography experience? I bought the K10D which is my first camera a few weeks before I joined the forum.

Thank you Peter, wouldn't have been here if it wasn't for all the forum members.
Stefan

K10D, K5
AF-540FGZ

Mannesty

Link Posted 24/04/2010 - 23:42
Anvh wrote:
. . . I ain't doing that bad right with not even 2 years of photography experience?

You're doing very well Stefan and good luck with the job seeking. When you are successful though, I hope you'll stick around here.

When I left school a very long time ago I wanted to be a professional photographer . . . so I went into electronics I did my first photo course when I was 17 (the year England last won the world cup) and have only really been dabbling with it ever since.

You've achieved a lot in 2 years, such is the speed of learning with a DSLR.
Peter E Smith

My flickr Photostream

Anvh

Link Posted 25/04/2010 - 00:05
Yeah Of course I stick around, it's almost like family this forum

Peter, why did you went into Electronics when you wanted to be a photographer?
You did went pro right?
edit: I just saw your site and it seems you're in the IT, I really thought you also did photography as a profession.

I'm currently playing with the idea of going to photography school here but my girl also want to go that way so I might do the study with her in the USA if it works out.
I hope it does, because she is into photography as well so I hopefully never need to explain why I should "need" that new lens, I might even be able convince her that we need a 645D

Yeah I think DSLR have something to do with it but the technical aspects I find fun to learn so had that under control quite soon but the feeling takes time to get and I finally have the idea I'm getting that, I also have a minor grade in arts which might have helped me a bit.
But you see with new members that they really improve the first 2 or 3 months, just look at Technoidiot what she accomplished so fast as an example.
Stefan

K10D, K5
AF-540FGZ
Last Edited by Anvh on 25/04/2010 - 00:07

Mannesty

Link Posted 25/04/2010 - 07:00
No, I never did follow photography as a career. I chose electronics because at the time I thought that it would serve me better in terms of career, prospects, and income. I think I was right to go that route. Whilst it didn't make me rich, it made me comfortable and allowed me to retire at 55 and live in the sun.

I think I would probably still need to work if I was a pro 'tog.

I do help my son occasionally with his event photography ( www.rsphotographics.com ) and some of my shots have been sold.

Whether that makes me a professional photographer, I don't know.

Like you, my son missed the film era and started with a *istDS. He gave in to the Canikon hype and now shoots with a Canon 30D which is actually a very good camera.
Peter E Smith

My flickr Photostream

dougf8

Link Posted 25/04/2010 - 11:43
Stefan, enjoy it while you can. Have you seen "Fur" the film inspired by the life of Diane Arbus. Totally made up but I found it entertaining.
Lurking is shirking.!

Anvh

Link Posted 25/04/2010 - 12:52
Ah okay Peter, it might be better to have photography as a hobby and it's great to help your son once in a while.

Some how the site doesn't load, it's probably on my side though.

I wouldn't mind going Nikon, they at least or close to Pentax but I never got around with Canon, I so hope my girl wouldn't want that one.
At the moment she does have a Pentax film camera that she was given by a family member although she isn't happy with it ^^;

@Doug, thank you, I haven't seen that film so will give it a go.
Stefan

K10D, K5
AF-540FGZ

Anvh

Link Posted 25/04/2010 - 20:40
Watching the Annie Leibovitz movie now and during a shoot I've seen 4 brands of camera, how many does she have???
Stefan

K10D, K5
AF-540FGZ

Oggy

Link Posted 25/04/2010 - 20:58
Stefan - the very best of luck in finding a job. I have spent a lot of time over the last few years doing so and it can be soul destroying.

Anvh

Link Posted 25/04/2010 - 22:33
Thank you Oggy, I'll manage somehow
Stefan

K10D, K5
AF-540FGZ
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.