Does not contain NUTS, but may offend! [Adults Only]
Posted 17/09/2009 - 13:12
Link
That certainly is one manky ole condom
Like the tint though, kind of an old faded seaside postcard look to it.
Like the tint though, kind of an old faded seaside postcard look to it.
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Posted 17/09/2009 - 14:08
Link
This photo certainly has impact. In fact it shocks the senses with its content, grimness and detail. It is certainly different and a good idea.
I am not sure, but a toned monchrome treatment may go well with this image.
I am not sure, but a toned monchrome treatment may go well with this image.
Friendly Regards
Graham
Graham
Posted 17/09/2009 - 14:51
Link
Hope you wore gloves for this enterprise Paul, and that you wiped those fag ends before you smoked them. It all makes a disturbing statement on the stuff lying around our streets.
david
david
Posted 17/09/2009 - 15:23
Link
Thanks, guys.
Rob, I re-sized this image instead of lettin' photobucket do it, this time. The original is perfectly sharp.
Dave, a hospital rubber glove was used.
Rob, I re-sized this image instead of lettin' photobucket do it, this time. The original is perfectly sharp.
Dave, a hospital rubber glove was used.
"All the technique in the world doesn’t compensate for the inability to notice." - Elliott Erwitt
http://paulyrichard.wordpress.com/
http://paulyrichard.wordpress.com/
Posted 18/09/2009 - 01:14
Link
BTW Dave, everyone has mentioned the same thing as you on other forums, about myself wearin' gloves. I didn't know people cared so much.
"All the technique in the world doesn’t compensate for the inability to notice." - Elliott Erwitt
http://paulyrichard.wordpress.com/
http://paulyrichard.wordpress.com/
Posted 18/09/2009 - 08:34
Link
They're just worried about the possibility of meeting you, and shaking hands...
An unpleasant but effective picture.
G
An unpleasant but effective picture.
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Posted 18/09/2009 - 17:36
Link
George Lazarette wrote:
An unpleasant but effective picture.
G
Thanks, George.An unpleasant but effective picture.
G
I have another idea in my mind, now. This could be the start of another project I think.
"All the technique in the world doesn’t compensate for the inability to notice." - Elliott Erwitt
http://paulyrichard.wordpress.com/
http://paulyrichard.wordpress.com/
Posted 18/09/2009 - 18:12
Link
weird, shocking and reaction provoking, yes I think you 'ave a project here Paul!
Lilly
ps) quite like the idea of a blended toned texturized edit, but thats the arty farty in me!
Lilly
ps) quite like the idea of a blended toned texturized edit, but thats the arty farty in me!
Posted 18/09/2009 - 22:24
Link
Thanks, Lilly. I'm not sure about a 'texture' effect though, Lilly.
"All the technique in the world doesn’t compensate for the inability to notice." - Elliott Erwitt
http://paulyrichard.wordpress.com/
http://paulyrichard.wordpress.com/
Posted 18/09/2009 - 23:02
Link
Hi Paul, definitely an excellent image! Makes you think… it could have been my child picking up that stuff WITHOUT GLOVES! There’s more harmful things lying around than what we realise. A real eye opener…
Pentax K10D, *istDS
Pentax 18-55mm,50-200mm,Macro 100mm
Takumar-A 28-80mm, Sigma 170-500mm, Soligor Teleconverter x2
Finally!! Sigma 10-20mm
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/maliskaoosthuizen
Pentax 18-55mm,50-200mm,Macro 100mm
Takumar-A 28-80mm, Sigma 170-500mm, Soligor Teleconverter x2
Finally!! Sigma 10-20mm
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/maliskaoosthuizen
Posted 19/09/2009 - 14:32
Link
Gog' and Mike, thanks.
Gog', the streets and thoroughfares do tend to be cleaner these days, but not all the time, thats the thing.
Gog', the streets and thoroughfares do tend to be cleaner these days, but not all the time, thats the thing.
"All the technique in the world doesn’t compensate for the inability to notice." - Elliott Erwitt
http://paulyrichard.wordpress.com/
http://paulyrichard.wordpress.com/
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1307 posts
17 years
W. Yorkshire,
UK
Street Ephemera
[IMG]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j159/paulyrichard/streetephemera-cinlowborMedium.jpg[/IMG]
http://paulyrichard.wordpress.com/