Do I need to clean my sensor?


Simonmac

Link Posted 15/11/2019 - 20:23
Hi all

I have had my K5iis for 5 years.

The sensor test on the camera shows no dust.

I have taken about 20,000 shots.

Should the sensor be cleaned anyway?

Thank you

Simon
macmccreery.com
www.flickr.com/photos/simac/
www.500px.com/simac

pschlute

Link Posted 15/11/2019 - 20:29
Simonmac wrote:
Hi all

I have had my K5iis for 5 years.

The sensor test on the camera shows no dust.

I have taken about 20,000 shots.

Should the sensor be cleaned anyway?

Thank you

Simon

No

If you want to test for dust use f16 or f22 ...point at a blue sky ...examine the pictures.

I have had 3 digicameras (DS/K10D/K1) Never had a sensor cleaned once
Peter



My Flickr page

Helpful

Gwyn

Link Posted 15/11/2019 - 22:22
If it ain't broke why fix it?
If you can't see dust on your photos, and the sensor test is clear then leave well alone.

Helpful

Chrism8

Link Posted 16/11/2019 - 08:16
Gwyn wrote:
If it ain't broke why fix it?
If you can't see dust on your photos, and the sensor test is clear then leave well alone.

Yep, totally agree
Chris

www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk

" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".

-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8

Sigma 100-300 F4, Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8

K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM

HarisF1

Link Posted 16/11/2019 - 12:05
Well done on avoiding dust for so long - my cameras usually pick up a nice obvious dust spot soon after I get them (and they return after cleaning too!)

alfpics

Link Posted 16/11/2019 - 12:13
HarisF1 wrote:
Well done on avoiding dust for so long - my cameras usually pick up a nice obvious dust spot soon after I get them (and they return after cleaning too!)

Same here!
Andy
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.