Distortion
Posted 29/11/2009 - 13:08
Link
You mean the AF article.
I'm probably one of the few of the new generation that use MF primarily, it slows me down and lets me think about the composition.
Well to be honest I do use AF since I'm lazy but I always give the focus ring a twist to place it where I want it.
This what they wrote and I believe it's true though.
I'm probably one of the few of the new generation that use MF primarily, it slows me down and lets me think about the composition.
Well to be honest I do use AF since I'm lazy but I always give the focus ring a twist to place it where I want it.
This what they wrote and I believe it's true though.
Quote:
So is there any place left for manual focusing?
For any subject that is either not actively moving away from the photographer's position or that is set to move into the “trap focus” after careful pre-focusing, better results can be achieved with careful manual focusing. Carefully framed landscape shots, images of buildings or architectural details and meticulously arranged tabletop displays in a photographer's studio are unlikely to require the use of autofocus.
So is there any place left for manual focusing?
For any subject that is either not actively moving away from the photographer's position or that is set to move into the “trap focus” after careful pre-focusing, better results can be achieved with careful manual focusing. Carefully framed landscape shots, images of buildings or architectural details and meticulously arranged tabletop displays in a photographer's studio are unlikely to require the use of autofocus.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



10412 posts
18 years
Dordrecht,
the Netherlands
I wonder if they would have more articles
edit: the answer is yes.
There is one mostly in every newsletter
This the current one and you can go into archive for the older ones link
An interesting one about focusing link
K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ