Discussion for weekly competition #272 Electric

GlynM

Link Posted 24/09/2012 - 09:34
Here is the pace for any discussion on weekly competition #272 "Electric".

Hopefully I am setting a subject that has a wide interpretation:

From something that is produced by, producing, transmitting or powered by electricity. Then, of course, it could be something tense, exciting or emotionally charged.

As is traditional I will stop looking in here once the first entry has been posted.

Good luck,

Glyn

DanielH

Link Posted 24/09/2012 - 14:49
Just like something clarified as to use of camera. I understood that a pentax lens used on another brand body is ok for gallery pics and competitions etc. Please can this be clarified?

No issues with the theme

Thanks

Dan

Gwyn

Link Posted 24/09/2012 - 15:08
I don't think so Dan - otherwise the gallery would be full of photos taken with a Canon or Nikon .

Only those taken with a Pentax camera, or a Samsung clone are allowed.

johnriley

Link Posted 24/09/2012 - 15:45
Pentax only regarding the cameras, plus of course the Pentax made Samsung DSLR versions.

Any lens you can fit to your Pentax camera is OK.
Best regards, John

DanielH

Link Posted 24/09/2012 - 19:37
Ok thanks for that but Gwyn i have never seen a canon or a nikon user using a pentax lens? why would they surely they would lose all automatic functionality, haven't they got their own glass

johnriley

Link Posted 24/09/2012 - 19:39
Many camera systems use or have used Pentax lenses, including Alpa and Leica.
Best regards, John

Gwyn

Link Posted 24/09/2012 - 21:28
dannyh wrote:
Ok thanks for that but Gwyn i have never seen a canon or a nikon user using a pentax lens? why would they surely they would lose all automatic functionality, haven't they got their own glass

True, but old Pentax glass is good and cheap, and with an adapter usable on Canon at least. I know someone who even has some not so cheap Ltds which he uses on his Canon, all manual of course.

GlynM

Link Posted 24/09/2012 - 22:17
With thanks to John Riley for the first entry the competition is under way so I am out of here.

Feel free to discuss without influencing the result.

Good luck everyone,

Glyn
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.