Discussion: Weekly Competition #8: Reflection
Posted 27/08/2007 - 01:31
Link
I decided I ought to participate in this competition.
So I went to Ephotozine to upload a pic, logged in, tried to upload a pic, and was told that in order to do so, I must be logged in.
Aargh.
I've reported it, and we'll see what transpires.
G
So I went to Ephotozine to upload a pic, logged in, tried to upload a pic, and was told that in order to do so, I must be logged in.
Aargh.
I've reported it, and we'll see what transpires.
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Posted 27/08/2007 - 08:26
Link
EPZ suffered a huge problem on 25th August, so there may well be glitches.
In general, EPZ also does not support hotlinking, so although it might work to here, being a sister site, it won't work to anywhere else.
I use pBase for hotlinking, but there is also Photobucket and probably there are many more.
In general, EPZ also does not support hotlinking, so although it might work to here, being a sister site, it won't work to anywhere else.
I use pBase for hotlinking, but there is also Photobucket and probably there are many more.
Best regards, John
Posted 27/08/2007 - 09:27
Link
Quote:
EPZ suffered a huge problem on 25th August, so there may well be glitches.
In general, EPZ also does not support hotlinking, so although it might work to here, being a sister site, it won't work to anywhere else.
I use pBase for hotlinking, but there is also Photobucket and probably there are many more.
Thanks, John. I'll find another site.EPZ suffered a huge problem on 25th August, so there may well be glitches.
In general, EPZ also does not support hotlinking, so although it might work to here, being a sister site, it won't work to anywhere else.
I use pBase for hotlinking, but there is also Photobucket and probably there are many more.
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Posted 27/08/2007 - 14:51
Link
I'd 2nd the option of pbase - it's not 100% reliable but it's generally pretty good.
Posted 27/08/2007 - 14:57
Link
Quote:
Thanks, John. I'll find another site.
The suspense is approaching Benjikan proportions
Thanks, John. I'll find another site.
Posted 27/08/2007 - 15:48
Link
Quote:
Just remember that there are two sorts of people: artists and critics.George Lazarette wrote:
Thanks, John. I'll find another site.
The suspense is approaching Benjikan proportions Thanks, John. I'll find another site.
Any doubts you may have harboured as to which category I fall into will shortly be dispelled.
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Posted 27/08/2007 - 16:18
Link
Quote:
Any doubts you may have harboured as to which category I fall into will shortly be dispelled.
All joking apart, I don't think you have to be a chicken to know an egg's bad.ChrisA wrote:
Just remember that there are two sorts of people: artists and critics.Quote:
Thanks, John. I'll find another site.
The suspense is approaching Benjikan proportions Thanks, John. I'll find another site.
Any doubts you may have harboured as to which category I fall into will shortly be dispelled.
I've had an exchange of views recently with someone who seems to take the position that unless one has posted good photos, one isn't entitled to judge those of others.
Personally I think this is nonsense, but, that said, it wouldn't be surprising to discover that a good critic was also an artist.
I'd probably go as far as to think that you can't be an artist without being a critic.
Posted 27/08/2007 - 16:35
Link
Quote:
I'd probably go as far as to think that you can't be an artist without being a critic.
Perhaps, but not relevant. The question here is whether you can be a critic without being an artist.I'd probably go as far as to think that you can't be an artist without being a critic.
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Posted 27/08/2007 - 16:40
Link
Quote:
The question here is whether you can be a critic without being an artist.
It hadn't escaped me.
The question here is whether you can be a critic without being an artist.
Posted 27/08/2007 - 17:39
Link
George Lazarette wrote
and that has been, up to now, very reliable, and one gets a large enough (in my opinion) storage allowance for free. It's also quite fast in uploading images.
Howard
Quote:
....I'll find another site.
I use Photobucket www.photobucket.com....I'll find another site.
and that has been, up to now, very reliable, and one gets a large enough (in my opinion) storage allowance for free. It's also quite fast in uploading images.
Howard
Cymru Am Byth
Posted 27/08/2007 - 23:23
Link
Quote:
I've had an exchange of views recently with someone who seems to take the position that unless one has posted good photos, one isn't entitled to judge those of others.
Personally I think this is nonsense, but, that said, it wouldn't be surprising to discover that a good critic was also an artist.
I'd probably go as far as to think that you can't be an artist without being a critic.
bottom line:George Lazarette wrote:
Any doubts you may have harboured as to which category I fall into will shortly be dispelled.
All joking apart, I don't think you have to be a chicken to know an egg's bad.Quote:
Just remember that there are two sorts of people: artists and critics.George Lazarette wrote:
Thanks, John. I'll find another site.
The suspense is approaching Benjikan proportions Thanks, John. I'll find another site.
Any doubts you may have harboured as to which category I fall into will shortly be dispelled.
I've had an exchange of views recently with someone who seems to take the position that unless one has posted good photos, one isn't entitled to judge those of others.
Personally I think this is nonsense, but, that said, it wouldn't be surprising to discover that a good critic was also an artist.
I'd probably go as far as to think that you can't be an artist without being a critic.
'you dont need to be a carpenter to realise the table wobbles'
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 28/08/2007 - 00:10
Link
Quote:
Can't see your picture John.
Dan
I can see it but its very tiny
Can't see your picture John.
Dan
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


3125 posts
19 years
Sydney Australia
Looking forward to some great shots.
When will this one be judged due too the late kick off
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|