Disappearing threads.

Durian_Fruit

Link Posted 16/06/2014 - 08:21
I had a thread here, as a new member, asking for assistance. It has disappeared and I cannot find it anywhere.

Do threads get removed when an issue is resolved or are they archived?

gartmore

Link Posted 16/06/2014 - 09:10
As far as I can see no threads have been deleted. You can escalate the matter to IT if you want by using the 'report' link at the bottom of the page.

I've also checked through every topic you have created and a every thread you have contributed to and nothing seems amiss
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Last Edited by gartmore on 16/06/2014 - 09:12

spinno

Link Posted 16/06/2014 - 09:40
seems your last post has disappeared into the ether or whatever the digital equivalent is
David

johnriley

Link Posted 16/06/2014 - 17:54
I have just removed one post there, simply because it gives information that would be confidential to another member.

However, the mystery is simple to resolve. Having checked, I see that the same subject has been posted several times, so the extra ones were removed. One thread on a subject only please, several across the forums is considered spamming.

I've also moved this to Troubleshooter, which seemed the most appropriate place.

The OP had received a PM outlining the situation even before this thread was started.

Mike-P

Link Posted 16/06/2014 - 18:15
Strange that on checking you could see the deleted threads yet Ken couldn't.
. My Flickr

johnriley

Link Posted 16/06/2014 - 18:24
It depends which section Ken looked in, he probably didn't expect them to be scattered about. Anyway, mystery solved.
Best regards, John

Durian_Fruit

Link Posted 16/06/2014 - 18:27
johnriley wrote:
I have just removed one post there, simply because it gives information that would be confidential to another member.

However, the mystery is simple to resolve. Having checked, I see that the same subject has been posted several times, so the extra ones were removed. One thread on a subject only please, several across the forums is considered spamming.

I've also moved this to Troubleshooter, which seemed the most appropriate place.

The OP had received a PM outlining the situation even before this thread was started.

I did not complain about the removed threads. I did ask about the missing post and why the thread was moved and nothing said.

What confidential information? There was NOTHING in the post that is not public knowledge or in the public domain.

This really is a member-unfriendly forum and I seem to be sensing why.

johnriley

Link Posted 16/06/2014 - 18:28
I'm going to drop you a PM.
Best regards, John

Durian_Fruit

Link Posted 16/06/2014 - 21:56
What confidential information?
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.