Digital Projector Resolution
Posted 24/04/2014 - 18:29
Link
The proportions are exactly the same, so it's usually best to make the images for the 1400x1050 requirement, which is becoming standard, then the smaller size can easily be made from those.
Best regards, John
Posted 24/04/2014 - 18:40
Link
Thanks John
I'll resize the originals to 1400x1050
What would the result be if I left them as 1024x768?
Would they just appear smaller, or would the higher resolution projector enlarge them with a subsequent slight loss of quality?
I'll resize the originals to 1400x1050
What would the result be if I left them as 1024x768?
Would they just appear smaller, or would the higher resolution projector enlarge them with a subsequent slight loss of quality?
6th Year Apprentice Pensioner
Posted 24/04/2014 - 20:01
Link
dangie wrote:
Thanks John
I'll resize the originals to 1400x1050
What would the result be if I left them as 1024x768?
Would they just appear smaller, or would the higher resolution projector enlarge them with a subsequent slight loss of quality?
Depends on the viewer. The clubs near me seemed relaxed if folks didn't resize properly. If you set it to pixel for pixel it will appear smaller. If you have it to fill screen it will be enlarged. Thanks John
I'll resize the originals to 1400x1050
What would the result be if I left them as 1024x768?
Would they just appear smaller, or would the higher resolution projector enlarge them with a subsequent slight loss of quality?
If you want a good viewer Xnview allows you to utilise a second screen and display your full output on a projector whilst looking at the spread of images to come. You can resize or display pixel for pixel. The interface is a bit clunky but it works really well for displaying competition images.
Lurking is shirking.!
Posted 25/04/2014 - 00:18
Link
On reflection, it also depends on the software used. Pictures2Exe can be set to show full screen, DiCentra can end up cutting off parts of the images.
In general, better to resize accurately, especially if using strange equipment for the first time.
In general, better to resize accurately, especially if using strange equipment for the first time.
Best regards, John
Posted 25/04/2014 - 01:12
Link
We (Oldham CC) used DiCentra for the first time a couple of weeks back. All images were 1400x1050 - but the projector resolution is 1024x768. It worked fine.
Andrew
Andrew
Posted 25/04/2014 - 10:20
Link
andrewk wrote:
We (Oldham CC) used DiCentra for the first time a couple of weeks back. All images were 1400x1050 - but the projector resolution is 1024x768. It worked fine.
Andrew
It didn't work fine. No correctly sized image was displayed pixel for pixel as intended. All were resized and changed by the software. The club needs a better projector that can display pixel for pixel images.We (Oldham CC) used DiCentra for the first time a couple of weeks back. All images were 1400x1050 - but the projector resolution is 1024x768. It worked fine.
Andrew
A 1024 image might appear sharper than a 1400x1050 image.
Lurking is shirking.!
Posted 25/04/2014 - 13:37
Link
dougf8 wrote:
The club needs a better projector that can display pixel for pixel images.
Agreed, but small clubs often do not have the funds to buy a good projector with a native resolution of 1400x1050 - most are well into 4 figures.The club needs a better projector that can display pixel for pixel images.
When I said "It worked fine", I meant Dicentra. The projector worked about as well as can be expected.
Andrew
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


416 posts
20 years
Staffordshire,
England
I have been asked to show it at another club, whose projector resolution is 1400x1050
What if any difference will there be?
Would it be better for me to resize the pictures to suit the 1400x1050 projector?
Thank you.