Digital Camera Review comparison: K3 vs Nikon D600

Topic Lock(s)
  • Topic Locked - You will not be able to post to this topic. Subject duplicated

aliengrove

Link Posted 04/11/2013 - 15:26
Apologies if this has been posted before. This comaprison compares the K3 with the FF Nikon D600, using a 55mm f1.4 on a K3 and an 85mm f1.4 on the D600, so they end up with the same field of view. Looking at the full-sized images, there's no doubt at all that in this comaprison the K3 blows the FF Nikon away at all ISO's. Of course, there may be some other variables at play, ie quailty of the lenses.

I may have to reconsider and buy one after all.
Flurble

My Website
PPG
flickr
G+
Facebook
Last Edited by aliengrove on 04/11/2013 - 15:27

McGregNi

Link Posted 04/11/2013 - 15:54
Great to see our new top of range model so well compared - it has always been clear that it was going straight to the top of the APS-C line-up, but here it is holding its own against a more expensive competitor with the larger sensor.

The images need close attention really to draw firm conclusions regarding 'resolution' and other IQ factors. I'm not so sure of the significance really of the colours and general appearance of the images - yes, the Pentax ones are much more appealing, but the Nikon seems to have consistently less contrast and saturation. This may just be a discrepency in the various camera settings I would presume?
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver

Pentaxophile

Link Posted 04/11/2013 - 16:26
This has been discussed here: https://www.pentaxuser.com/forum/topic/the-new-standard-of-performance---k3-shoo...

My thoughts are that the D600 is a bit less noisy at the ISOs tested, and many people noted that the K5 is also a tad less noisy. However I agree the overall IQ, exposure white balance etc, is much nicer from the Pentax. The Pentax also shows more DOF at equivalent apertures
[link=https://500px.com/will_brealey/[/link]

johnriley

Link Posted 04/11/2013 - 16:34
Rather than start another thread on the same subject, please refer to the previous one.
Best regards, John
Topic Lock(s)
  • Topic Locked - You will not be able to post to this topic. Subject duplicated