Different Strokes
Posted 24/09/2009 - 19:43
Link
K10D wrote:
Are there rules we should follow?
Never, IMO you do what you want and it will work sometimes and not others but life would be a bore if we all followed rules. I take each shot as it comes sometimes other like the result sometimes they do not, who cares if I am happy I have taken the shot I wanted.Are there rules we should follow?
Different if you have been commissioned but I try to avoid that.
In your two examples the first focuses attention on the boarder the second on the spectators - if that is what you intended you have succeeded.
Jackie H
K7, K20D, istDS, Optio SV, ME
Most used glass
50mm f1.4, 60-250mm, 28-80mm,
Sigma 105mm 2.8 Macro & Bertha 50-500
K7, K20D, istDS, Optio SV, ME
Most used glass
50mm f1.4, 60-250mm, 28-80mm,
Sigma 105mm 2.8 Macro & Bertha 50-500
Posted 24/09/2009 - 19:50
Link
Appreciate the comments. First title is "height" the second is "observation".
Regards
Regards
Too far from a shore.
Posted 24/09/2009 - 22:20
Link
The Panning action in the first is not good enough to freeze the subject and blur the background, so you get a bit of both, lots of ghosting on the static parts. I think to pull this kind of shot off takes a lot of practice; TBH I would`nt even attempt it, so bonus points to you there
In the second shot the blur on the skateboard implies motion quite well. and everything else seems sharp, this is my favoured shot.
Davex.
In the second shot the blur on the skateboard implies motion quite well. and everything else seems sharp, this is my favoured shot.
Davex.
Posted 24/09/2009 - 22:35
Link
Hi well done on both shots!,
If i may make an observation on the first image, I find that the bright sky above the boys hand is rather distracting. I think that it might improve things a little by either cropping or darkening this area. I hope that you agree?
As for rules, They are always a good starting point and if you know them well you will understand when it is appropriate to break them or at least understand why an image works or does not work and how to rectify it when it does`nt!
Best Regards - Pete.
If i may make an observation on the first image, I find that the bright sky above the boys hand is rather distracting. I think that it might improve things a little by either cropping or darkening this area. I hope that you agree?
As for rules, They are always a good starting point and if you know them well you will understand when it is appropriate to break them or at least understand why an image works or does not work and how to rectify it when it does`nt!
Best Regards - Pete.
Posted 25/09/2009 - 03:09
Link
davex wrote:
The Panning action in the first is not good enough to freeze the subject and blur the background, so you get a bit of both, lots of ghosting on the static parts. I think to pull this kind of shot off takes a lot of practice; TBH I would`nt even attempt it, so bonus points to you there
In the second shot the blur on the skateboard implies motion quite well. and everything else seems sharp, this is my favoured shot.
Davex.
No panning on the shot. Low shutter and fill flash on both. Did a bunch of images for these guys where the shots were sharper and "clean", went down like a warm Cola.The Panning action in the first is not good enough to freeze the subject and blur the background, so you get a bit of both, lots of ghosting on the static parts. I think to pull this kind of shot off takes a lot of practice; TBH I would`nt even attempt it, so bonus points to you there
In the second shot the blur on the skateboard implies motion quite well. and everything else seems sharp, this is my favoured shot.
Davex.
These type of images were much more acceptable.
Regards
Too far from a shore.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


6417 posts
17 years
Are there rules we should follow?
Regards