Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Did anyone hear about Pentax Cashback?

Sonltt
Posted 25/05/2012 - 10:13 Link
I got my K-5 and has sent the cashback form back to Pentax a week ago, but I haven't received any response like confirmation email and so on. Do anyone know how long to wait for the cashback or anymore information? Thanks
Edited by Sonltt: 25/05/2012 - 10:14
Mike-P
Posted 25/05/2012 - 10:17 Link
It can take weeks. I have had cashback from Pentax a couple of times and both took about a month if I remember correctly.

Remember, they probably only employ a little old lady sitting in a broom cupboard and she will most likely have thousands to do
Edited by Mike-P: 25/05/2012 - 10:18
steven9761
Posted 25/05/2012 - 10:42 Link
Mike-P wrote:
It can take weeks. I have had cashback from Pentax a couple of times and both took about a month if I remember correctly.

Remember, they probably only employ a little old lady sitting in a broom cupboard and she will most likely have thousands to do

It's more likely to be the two old dears, plus Earl from the wonga.com adverts processing the cashbacks, and instead of getting insurance documents, people have been receiving the Pentax cashbacks!!.. BLESS 'EM!!
Sonltt
Posted 25/05/2012 - 11:38 Link
Do Pentax send us confirmation email when the cashback form arrive or I have to wait without any notification?
Mike-P
Posted 25/05/2012 - 11:45 Link
Mine just went into the bank ... never got any confirmation
Dwight-Morton
Posted 25/05/2012 - 19:53 Link
Back in 10TH June 2006 when I got the Pentax *ist DL2 with the 18-55 and 50-200 mm the cash back arrived via cheque a bit before my birthday that year my birthday is the 13th August and is fast for cash back coming companies in Canada.
Ratcatcher
Posted 19/06/2012 - 13:24 Link
Purchased my K5 from SRS on 19/5/12 still not received my cash back.
Garnett
Posted 19/06/2012 - 13:47 Link
Purchased mine from SRS just before you (12 May) and would have sent the form off about 4 or 5 days later. I got my cashback on 8 June by BACS.

Hope that's of use.
~Pentax K-5, DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AL WR, DA 35mm f/2.4 AL, DA 55-300mm f4.0-5.8 ED, FA 50mm f/1.4, M 50mm f/1.8 - flickr
Floggitt
Posted 19/06/2012 - 21:31 Link
mine took about 5 weeks it just appeared in the bank no notification
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
John's Law: If it isn't broke, it bloody soon will be.
Ratcatcher
Posted 27/06/2012 - 08:23 Link
Received cashback yesterday
richarddc
Posted 08/07/2012 - 15:41 Link
I am beginning to get fed up. I bought a K5 with lens from Amazon and received back on 30 May and immediately sent off my claim for the £80 cashback by recorded delivery. I had a call on 23 June saying I hadn't provided all necessary info, as had sent a copy of order statement from Amazon and not the printout of dispatch email that Amazon send when the item is posted out. I was a bit frustrated by this as this is no stronger evidence of the purchase than the order statement, but nevertheless promptly sent this by recorded delivery the next working day. I was assured that as soon as this had arrived the £80 would be credited to my account. Two weeks have now elapsed and the £80 has not arrived, so I called the Pentax cashback number again (08447702206) as it gets answered on weekends. I was told my form was showing as incomplete, so I mustn't have included some info, but person could not say what. I explained I'd had a call to this effect 2 weeks ago and had provided the extra info, so why the further delay with no-one contacting me? I have been promised an email and a callback tomorrow to resolve. Unfortunately, when it seems such a hassle to get cashback it take the edge of the Pentax brand and makes me worried about whether the offer will be honoured. Ultimately this damages Pentax's reputation and makes me less likely to loyal to the brand in the future. Is anyone else having hassle? I wish they had an email address to contact, rather than having to call an expensive telephone number... Cheers, Richard
Edited by richarddc: 08/07/2012 - 15:42
johnriley
Posted 08/07/2012 - 17:10 Link
The problem would seem to be that the Amazon confirmation of order received is not the final contact that says you have made the purchase. It is the wrong document and we could cancel at that point.

The despatch advice means the deal has actually been completed. What would happen if we then returned the camera before 30 days had elapsed I don't know, but perhaps the delay in sending cashback has something to do with that? Maybe the systems used can actually flag up cameras returned and payment can be stopped.
Best regards, John
MrB
Posted 08/07/2012 - 23:18 Link
Why do companies offer cashback deals rather than simply reducing their prices? The only credible answer is that it must be some sort of scam - it has to be more profitable to run a cashback program, despite the extra administration costs involved. Presumably, there must be some way of investing the extra paid by the customers, so the longer the cashback is delayed, the more interest is made. The psychologists will have calculated the optimum length of the delay, so that the vast majority of customers get the feel-good factor of their refund, everyone is happy, and it doesn't feel like a scam. Simples.

Philip
johnriley
Posted 09/07/2012 - 00:59 Link
It's can't be a scam to give us some money back.

What it does is make a promotion that attracts both dealers and buyers. The dealers get paid when the camera is bought and it's the manufacturer that provides the discount.

We don't pay extra to get the cashback, so there's no interest involved for us. Not that these days interest would amount to much anyway.
Best regards, John

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.