Delays

McGregNi

Link Posted 21/06/2015 - 15:49
If the FF body was out and someone has bought it expecting to be able to have the new lens to go with it .... And they were losing professional work because they couldn't do jobs that needed the lens ... Well, then I would be sympathetic to that complaint. As it stands, no-one really absolutely needs the lens yet ... It will be a greater priority when the FF body is ready.

It would much worse if people had spent full price only to have a failure and repair to be done. No-one has lost any money or time yet.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver

stu62

Link Posted 21/06/2015 - 17:00
what i think is every one is missing the big point a company cannot survive on promersis
ricoh are not hitting the targets they keep anouncing which as a big impact on the company

and defending there desitions is not helping

we as customers and users should be saying to them to get there act together and stop leading us on

Pjy123

Link Posted 21/06/2015 - 17:27
thats why so many people are moving brands,i belong to a photography club and out of 534 members im the only one with a pentax!

michaelblue

Link Posted 21/06/2015 - 17:44
Pjy123 wrote:
thats why so many people are moving brands,i belong to a photography club and out of 534 members im the only one with a pentax!

....then you should be proud not to be one of the 'sheep'
Regards,
Michael
My new website:link

cabstar

Link Posted 21/06/2015 - 18:09
stu62 wrote:
what i think is every one is missing the big point a company cannot survive on promersis
ricoh are not hitting the targets they keep anouncing which as a big impact on the company

and defending there desitions is not helping

we as customers and users should be saying to them to get there act together and stop leading us on

Yes because business likes adding in delays and spending more money and time on research and development in their products don't they?

I imagine the old Pentax wouldn't have even sent out a press release just the odd murmur it's arriving soon...
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released

Helpful

cabstar

Link Posted 21/06/2015 - 18:11
Pjy123 wrote:

No members have a Leica or a hasselblad then?? I imagine a few of those members have moved from ca ikon to Fuji, I know a few pros who have, I also know a number of pros that are moving to Olympus because of the lightness of the system...
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released

stu62

Link Posted 21/06/2015 - 18:40
the old pentax would not have said a date for release infact you would not have known it was comming it would just appear

johnriley

Link Posted 21/06/2015 - 23:15
534 members! That's one heck of a camera club!
Best regards, John

RobL

Link Posted 22/06/2015 - 19:38
Are these gripes coming from anyone who has actually ordered one? Or who realistically is desperate to buy one now?

bwlchmawr

Link Posted 22/06/2015 - 20:06
As my dear old mum might have said: "If that's all you've got to worry about then you haven't done too badly..."

It's a lens.
Best wishes,

Andrew

"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference.  All of them can record what you are seeing.  But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050 http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05

alfpics

Link Posted 23/06/2015 - 08:22
bwlchmawr wrote:
As my dear old mum might have said: "If that's all you've got to worry about then you haven't done too badly..."

It's a lens.

Nice one Andrew!
Andy

Vuillaume

Link Posted 23/06/2015 - 12:06
bwlchmawr wrote:

It's a lens.

And why not let that be the final words to a rather pointless thread..!
Best regards
John

PPG link
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.