DA*300 and K3, first impressions

McBrian
Posted 09/03/2014 - 20:14 Link
I recently acquired a DA*300 but work and weather have combined to limit the time I've had to give it a decent work out (I did check to make sure it focused on infinity though

First impressions.....WOW!!!!

This shot was taken hand held through my dirty office window, 1/1000sec @ f4, ISO 100
(do you have better view from your office seat: )..........
Comment Image


This is approx. 100% crop of the above image.........
Comment Image

The electricity pylon is over 3 kilometres away....
Comment Image


Another quick capture from today (approx. 25% crop), a grey murky day here on the north east coast........
Comment Image


I don't think I need to worry about saving for any future pentax FF camera, this one will do me nicely for a good while to come, I just have to decide if the new 1.4x AW converter makes my Sigma 150-500 OS redundant
Cheers
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.
Gamka
Posted 09/03/2014 - 20:31 Link
I have used mine with a A 2xS converter and that really does pull in the distant objects.
Stuey
Posted 09/03/2014 - 21:49 Link
I don't have a better view my office window but I can watch some of the planes overhead coming and going from Hawarden airport
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo