Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

DA Limited Series

YORKSBOY
Posted 09/04/2014 - 23:04 Link
I have the opportunity to purchase a couple of lenses from this series. Available to me are the 21mm and the 70mm. I've been trying to research prices for second hand examples. It looks as though the 21mm are selling for around £210 ish and the 70mm for around £250- £270. Do these prices seem realistic?

Also, can anyone using either of these with a K3 comment on IQ etc.

Thanks

John
johnriley
Posted 09/04/2014 - 23:34 Link
There are new PU/EPZ tests on most of these lenses and the results are incredibly positive. They all seem to be outstanding lenses.
Best regards, John
Jonathan-Mac
Posted 10/04/2014 - 00:24 Link
I'd say those are extremely good prices. I have both those lenses and paid more for both of them while still considering them good deals.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X and Panasonic L digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses
YORKSBOY
Posted 10/04/2014 - 06:50 Link
Jonathan-Mac wrote:
I'd say those are extremely good prices. I have both those lenses and paid more for both of them while still considering them good deals.

Thanks for replying, what I meant was that these are the price levels on ebay (buy it now). Most of these are from abroad so VAT will apply- I have seen some UK auctions sell at these levels. What I asking is what do you think is a reasonable price level for these lenses?

Thanks

John
Aleks1298
Posted 10/04/2014 - 12:51 Link
YORKSBOY wrote:

...what I meant was that these are the price levels on ebay (buy it now). Most of these are from abroad so VAT will apply- I have seen some UK auctions sell at these levels.

Hey, the £210 for DA 21 from Japan you can add 20% VAT, £8 handling and circa 3% import duty which bumps the price up to £260-£270. I haven't seen any shift within EU for £210, if they did then it was a steal! Not that well familiar with DA 70 pricing.

If you don't take them, post the seller on "Leads to Deals", I'm sure other forum members would appreciate the opportunity to get them at that price!

Cheers,
Aleks
Pentax K-5 and co.
Edited by Aleks1298: 10/04/2014 - 12:52
Mike-P
Posted 10/04/2014 - 13:06 Link
I would say £270 for a 21mm and £300 for a 70mm would be about right presuming they were in perfect/excellent condition.
YORKSBOY
Posted 10/04/2014 - 13:54 Link
Thanks guys - this is about what I was thinking- I think I'll make an offer to buy both at this sort of level and see what happens!

John
YORKSBOY
Posted 11/04/2014 - 13:33 Link
Went to have another look at these - and the 70mm (this is the one I was really interested in) had gone - so its decided for me! The lenses were marked up at £349 each - I thought that this was a little high hence my questions.

at the moment I have quite a collection of the SMC-F lenses (28mm f2.8, 50mm f1.4 & most of the zooms) I think I'll work with these for a while and see if I actually need anything else.

John

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.