Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

D-LI90 3D printed battery covers

andymat
Posted 27/02/2015 - 21:15 Link
Since there was quite a bit of interest in these when I mentioned them recently, I have had a batch made, which reduces the cost.

However, due perhaps to a miscalculation, I now only have covers for the D-LI90 battery left. Ie the one for the K-5 and I think the K-7 and K-3.

They feature a slider with 3 settings to indicated whether it is fully charged, partially charged or depleted. The cover snaps onto the battery with the arrow pointing in the same way as the arrow on the cover.

They are made from Nylon and like all rapid prototyping/3D printing processes, built up in very thin layers.

Let me know if you would like one (or more) or have any further questions.

To recover the cost of getting them made I am charging £3.60 each and the postage is by Royal Mail Large Letter post - £0.73 2nd class, £0.93 1st class once per package (as long as it doesn't go over the size limits for this service).

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image
Dogwalker
Posted 27/02/2015 - 21:33 Link
Hi Andymat, Could i please have 4 covers, How do you prefer to be paid?

Regards Bob.
NaimKhan
Posted 27/02/2015 - 21:43 Link
Hi Andy,
Can I please have 3?
Also payment method please.
Thanks.
PPG
Mike-P
Posted 27/02/2015 - 22:00 Link
3 for me please
andymat
Posted 27/02/2015 - 22:10 Link
Well that was quick. Sorry but it looks like they are all gone now. Last ones to Mike-P
Edited by andymat: 27/02/2015 - 22:11
scarr1
Posted 28/02/2015 - 01:07 Link
Pre order of 3?
techno-terminator
Posted 02/03/2015 - 13:42 Link
My battery covers for my K30 arrived this morning - I'm delighted with them.

A great fit - the battery is snug in it , and there's no doubt it can't come off accidentally.
let the education continue

proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
davem
Posted 03/03/2015 - 20:11 Link
Thanks Andy they work a treat on original Pentax batteries

Dave
andymat
Posted 03/03/2015 - 20:23 Link
Thanks to you both for the feedback.
JohnX
Posted 04/03/2015 - 13:56 Link
Covers arrived today, thanks, and fit all the batteries I've tried them on, including third party ones.

For the record, I have D-Li109 batteries from DSTE - perfect fit - and some 'no name' D-Li190 - good fit - in addition to actual Pentax batteries in both sizes.

I'm sure I also have a Hama D-Li190 somewhere. I'll report back once I find and try it.

Any chance you'll me making any for the D-Li150 battery?

I'm very happy with the covers Andy; well done, but have one suggestion. The covers fit very well, and I was wondering if a thumb-hole in the base of the cover (obviously not exposing the contacts) would assist removal? Hopefully the hole wouldn't weaken it.
Edited by JohnX: 04/03/2015 - 14:04
Dogwalker
Posted 04/03/2015 - 14:02 Link
Hiya Andy, Just to let you know that the covers arrived safely this morning 04/03/ 2015. They are a fantastic product over the moon with them. Many Thanks.

Regards Bob.
andymat
Posted 04/03/2015 - 14:33 Link
Thanks for the comments - they are helpful.

John, Yes, there is potential to make it easier to remove them and I will look at this, thanks.
As for the 150 battery, I might be able to borrow one briefly so I can make one for that so potentially yes.

I also have a Pentax Q and so am considering a cover for the batteries for those too. As they are pretty small and tend to run out quite quickly, I'm wondering about a cover to take 2 or even three in one part. Anyone have any preference or thoughts on Q battery covers?
Mike-P
Posted 04/03/2015 - 15:37 Link
Mine arrived today as well thanks ... they are a very loose fit.

Then I realised the battery was in the wrong way round

Great stuff, thanks again Andy.
andymat
Posted 04/03/2015 - 15:51 Link
Yes Mike,

You can put them in the wrong way round and they are a loose fit that way round. It also means that the contacts would be at the end where the sliding indicator is so there are also small areas where the contacts could be exposed so I perhaps should make it so that you cannot assemble them the wrong way round.

Just to be clear (in the best possible politicians speak :wink the arrow on the cover should point in the same direction as the one on the battery. But yes, I know the arrow on the cover isn't that easy to see!
techno-terminator
Posted 04/03/2015 - 16:03 Link
I'm probably the one here with the weakest, poorest hand control [ blasted injuries and resulting OA ] and I have to say i had no problem with either my Pentax or the Innovat8 Battery . It was a very positive feel as I put them in and took them out again.

I suppose it would be possible to colour in the arrow - but I spotted it as I unpacked my pair of covers . Might still do that
let the education continue

proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.