Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

D-LI90 3D printed battery covers

andymat
Posted 04/03/2015 - 16:16 Link
Angela,

You have the covers for the K-r/K-30 battery and because of the projection at one end of the battery, and the resulting U shaped slot in the cover, you cannot put those ones on the wrong way round. So it's less of an issue for you. The batteries for the K-5 do not have the projection.

Comment Image
NaimKhan
Posted 05/03/2015 - 21:49 Link
Thanks Andy, cover arrived a couple of days ago but was rather busy to try them and give you feedback.
The covers fit perfectly on the original Pentax batteries. They are rather loose on 'Inov8' batteries but if you turn the cover round so that the flange points away from the terminals then it stays fine. The terminals themselves remain covered so there's no danger of short circuit. If you do the same with the original battery then the cover sticks very securely and can be difficult to get off.
PPG
alig
Posted 05/03/2015 - 22:54 Link
Hi Andy, is there any chance of a second batch?

Missed out on the first lot.

And from the sounds of it, there are many satisfied customers out there...

Cheers
Cheers

Ali

ist* DS & Ricoh GR
andymat
Posted 06/03/2015 - 12:05 Link
Thanks for letting me know Naim.

Alig and Scarr1 - I do note your interest and when/if I get another batch I will let you know. Currently pondering on improvements.
andy_bell
Posted 06/03/2015 - 12:35 Link
would be interested in half a dozen if you get some more made...

Andy
A few bits & Bobs
alig
Posted 06/03/2015 - 13:33 Link
Thanks Andy
Cheers

Ali

ist* DS & Ricoh GR
Posted 06/03/2015 - 15:06 Link
I'd like to register for 3 as well if you are considering another batch in the future
Pint o' rough & a game o' darts anyone
SmutjeUK
Posted 07/03/2015 - 06:38 Link
Ad me to the pre - order list as well for 6 of them for the K5. If you get some for the K10/20 I would like 10 of them as well (only if you make them of course).
Guess you got a nice little niche product here.
Well done,

Bernhard
Kind regards
SmutjeUK

It's nice to be nice!

Pentax K-5 with D-GB4 Grip, to many lenses to mention by now (serious LBA by now), TC's, Lowepro Slingshot 300 AW, Manfrotto 028 & Redsnapper RS-283 with various Heads plus various Camera Clamps (I collect them). Pentax AF 360FGZ, Pentax AF 240FT, several Metz 45 CT-1 & 5 with stands and 'Blow Up' Soft Boxes, Flash Triggers, and various Macro gear.
Mike-P
Posted 07/03/2015 - 09:03 Link
andymat wrote:
. Currently pondering on improvements.

will you be offering part exchange on the new models?
davem
Posted 07/03/2015 - 19:18 Link
NaimKhan wrote:
Thanks Andy, cover arrived a couple of days ago but was rather busy to try them and give you feedback.
The covers fit perfectly on the original Pentax batteries. They are rather loose on 'Inov8' batteries but if you turn the cover round so that the flange points away from the terminals then it stays fine. The terminals themselves remain covered so there's no danger of short circuit. If you do the same with the original battery then the cover sticks very securely and can be difficult to get off.

As Naim says if you turn the cover round it fits the Inov8 perfectly.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.