D-li90, advises


sebas77

Link Posted 23/04/2017 - 19:24
Given that I won't ever spend 40 pound for a Pentax battery, what do you suggest me to buy? SRS is selling one for 25 (hama). Any good? Shall I seek for a second hand one instead?

HarisF1

Link Posted 23/04/2017 - 19:34
You can get decent 3rd party ones for very low prices. Try the DSTE brand from Amazon.

I bought a Maxsimafoto battery from Amazon for a high-ish price and wasn't impressed by the capacity, but the DSTE ones seem fine to me.

I've used loads of 3rd party batteries and have never had an issue.

Helpful

sebas77

Link Posted 23/04/2017 - 20:27
thanks, I'll check it!

edit: 2 for 15 pound? Isn't it too cheap?
Last Edited by sebas77 on 23/04/2017 - 20:27

HarisF1

Link Posted 23/04/2017 - 20:46
They are cheap but definitely do the trick.

stu62

Link Posted 23/04/2017 - 21:37
i have the hama and had no problems with it infact i need to get some more for september to do the wedding

scarr1

Link Posted 23/04/2017 - 22:11
Ive use the dtse ones as well....no issues with them. Would buy again.

Mag07

Link Posted 23/04/2017 - 22:31
Yep, DSTE are brilliant , have been using them for years.
'Photography...it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten....' (Aaron Siskind)

richandfleur

Link Posted 23/04/2017 - 22:33
I take it the K-30 batteries don't fit the K-3 / K-5 range ones?
90 vs 109 or something like that?

JAK

Link Posted 23/04/2017 - 22:35
Mag07 wrote:
Yep, DSTE are brilliant , have been using them for years.

The products might be but their sales folk are useless.
I ordered one of their USB battery chargers for the D-Li90. What came was a charger for a Nikon battery. I advised them of the error and they agreed to send the correct one... what came? Another identical Nikon charger. Hopeless! I won't be dealing with them again.

richandfleur wrote:
I take it the K-30 batteries don't fit the K-3 / K-5 range ones?
90 vs 109 or something like that?

No, they're much smaller, the K-30 batteries have 4 contacts, the K-3 ones only three.
John K
Last Edited by JAK on 23/04/2017 - 22:45

Mag07

Link Posted 23/04/2017 - 23:07
Human error Yak. There is a reason these batteries cost a fraction of the original I ordered 2 sets of 2 with chargers from them without issues. Given as it's their mistake, let them just keep on sending until you get the right one lol. It's fulfilled by Amazon, so in case of trouble it's easy to deal with and the batteries are as good as the original ones. Given the saving, I'd allow them some slack.
'Photography...it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten....' (Aaron Siskind)

JAK

Link Posted 23/04/2017 - 23:13
Mag07 wrote:
Human error Yak. There is a reason these batteries cost a fraction of the original I ordered 2 sets of 2 with chargers from them without issues. Given as it's their mistake, let them just keep on sending until you get the right one lol. It's fulfilled by Amazon, so in case of trouble it's easy to deal with and the batteries are as good as the original ones. Given the saving, I'd allow them some slack.

In my case it was a USB charger, not batteries. I did get a refund in the end and have decided to make do without a USB charger! In my case is was via eBay, not the river as they didn't list the charger.
John K
Last Edited by JAK on 23/04/2017 - 23:14

Mag07

Link Posted 23/04/2017 - 23:46
JAK wrote:
Mag07 wrote:
Human error Yak. There is a reason these batteries cost a fraction of the original I ordered 2 sets of 2 with chargers from them without issues. Given as it's their mistake, let them just keep on sending until you get the right one lol. It's fulfilled by Amazon, so in case of trouble it's easy to deal with and the batteries are as good as the original ones. Given the saving, I'd allow them some slack.

In my case it was a USB charger, not batteries. I did get a refund in the end and have decided to make do without a USB charger! In my case is was via eBay, not the river as they didn't list the charger.

In my case it was a set, charger plus batteries. I always buy the USB ones as the original ones are so huge. And fair enough, Ebay can be painful when it comes to shopping in China
'Photography...it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten....' (Aaron Siskind)

JohnX

Link Posted 24/04/2017 - 09:01
Just FYI, the charger plate on the DSTE chargers is removable and fits any of their chargers, so I've now got a usb charger and a mains/car charger that I can tailor as required to match my camera battery type/charging power source when I'm out on a shoot.

Hope I've explained that ok?

richandfleur

Link Posted 24/04/2017 - 11:21
JAK wrote:


richandfleur wrote:
I take it the K-30 batteries don't fit the K-3 / K-5 range ones?
90 vs 109 or something like that?

No, they're much smaller, the K-30 batteries have 4 contacts, the K-3 ones only three.

Thanks
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.