D-FA 15-30 focus direction
Posted 02/12/2018 - 17:28
Link
The NEW Tokina(Pentax) 50mm f/1.4 rotates one way for Nikon and the other way for Canon
Some excellent old lenses had the aperture scale the other way as well such as this 100mm f/2.8 beauty (I've got it with Derek Gardner branding).....
http://forum.mflenses.com/chinonflex-100mm-f-2-8-in-m42-mount-t18348.html
The distance is the right way round. Aperture wrong way, but some had both
--
Some excellent old lenses had the aperture scale the other way as well such as this 100mm f/2.8 beauty (I've got it with Derek Gardner branding).....
http://forum.mflenses.com/chinonflex-100mm-f-2-8-in-m42-mount-t18348.html
The distance is the right way round. Aperture wrong way, but some had both
--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 02/12/2018 - 17:56
Link
Algernon wrote:
The NEW Tokina(Pentax) 50mm f/1.4 rotates one way for Nikon and the other way for Canon
--
Well it is easy to do. If Ricoh-Pentax can't be bothered then I will just stop buying their lenses.
The NEW Tokina(Pentax) 50mm f/1.4 rotates one way for Nikon and the other way for Canon
--
Posted 02/12/2018 - 19:15
Link
Kim, see you've put it on fleabay. Why not return it for a refund?
Under the 'Consumer Contracts Regulations' when you buy goods online you have additional rights to return them because what you receive isn't always quite what you’d expected.
Under those regulations, you are allowed to return an item if you simply change your mind.
https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/i-want-to-return-something-bought...#the-consumer-contracts-regulations
Under the 'Consumer Contracts Regulations' when you buy goods online you have additional rights to return them because what you receive isn't always quite what you’d expected.
Under those regulations, you are allowed to return an item if you simply change your mind.
https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/i-want-to-return-something-bought...#the-consumer-contracts-regulations
John K
Posted 02/12/2018 - 21:13
Link
JAK wrote:
Kim, see you've put it on fleabay. Why not return it for a refund?
Under the 'Consumer Contracts Regulations' when you buy goods online you have additional rights to return them because what you receive isn't always quite what you’d expected.
Under those regulations, you are allowed to return an item if you simply change your mind.
https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/i-want-to-return-something-bought...#the-consumer-contracts-regulations
I am fully aware of that John. Kim, see you've put it on fleabay. Why not return it for a refund?
Under the 'Consumer Contracts Regulations' when you buy goods online you have additional rights to return them because what you receive isn't always quite what you’d expected.
Under those regulations, you are allowed to return an item if you simply change your mind.
https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/i-want-to-return-something-bought...#the-consumer-contracts-regulations
Maybe, I'm old fashioned but I don't feel "right" about that. As I said in an earlier post, had it been from Amazon or a "box shifter" I would have done. However, Chris has always done "right" by the members of this forum and I do not feel it right the take advantage of that when it was caused by me. I find it annoying that such a thing is not mentioned in the "key points" of a review but only buried in the small print. However, that is not the fault of SRS.
Posted 03/12/2018 - 14:25
Link
HarisF1 wrote:
Yep it's due to the base lens being made by Tamron. I noticed that the switching between the focus and zoom rings in newer designs has caused me a bit of annoyance in recent times too.
The switching of the zoom/focus rings is not a recent thing. Previous "Tamron" offerings by Pentax have been that way. Both the 28-200 FA and the 28-105 had the rings reversed so for Tamron it goes back to film days. But at least both of those focus in the right direction.
Yep it's due to the base lens being made by Tamron. I noticed that the switching between the focus and zoom rings in newer designs has caused me a bit of annoyance in recent times too.
Posted 03/12/2018 - 16:01
Link
With a zoom lens it's probably different due to the position of the focussing group and the zoom group.
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1518 posts
22 years
Lincoln
I have to agree with KimC
The question of focus direction has been going on for years, and I certainly remember it being a topic back in the '70s.
Geoff