Country File

Pentaxophile

Link Posted 06/10/2013 - 21:04
Hmm first time I've seen the in-camera fisheye filter used successfully!
[link=https://500px.com/will_brealey/[/link]

walkeja

Link Posted 07/10/2013 - 09:36
I thought it was either a K10 or K20 judging by the layout of the rear of the camera, but I could be wrong. Probably am, never mind.

Congratulations to him.
Pentax K1-ii and MZ6
Pentax Lenses 28-80 F, 300 DA*, 80-200 F, 35 F2.4 AL, M50 F1.7, 28-105 DFA, 20 F4 SMC
ONE UNITED Member

stevejcoe

Link Posted 07/10/2013 - 10:16
LittleSkink wrote:
saw that too, nice one Bill

the prize (1000) seemed a bit stingey given they made over 1.3m from the calendar last year - or is it just me ?

If Ricoh marketing had been on the ball, they would have had a coordinated marketing campaign in place pushing the fact that the winning image was shot on a Pentax, especially since there is a prior relationship with the programme from earlier this year (binocular recycling initiative at Bird Fair in August)

As for the prize, well it should still be possible to invite Bill to the Open day at SRS and present him with one of the first K? cameras and possibly DA 12-28 lens.

Regards - Steve

droopsnoot

Link Posted 07/10/2013 - 13:28
I noticed this last night, and nice to see he seemed to be doing his best to make sure the 'Pentax' brand name on the camera was in shot.
Real name: Mike Edwards. My homage to seventies Vauxhalls: www.firenza.net

Camera - Pentax Kx, 18-55 kit lens, 18-200 Sigma, 50-500 Sigma, 500mm Tamron mirror

stigg

Link Posted 07/10/2013 - 14:05
Was really pleased for him as it was a great shot and with a KR! on the other hand i can no longer blame my KR for the rubbish shots i keep taking!!!!!!!!!
All the best
Brian

And come him slow or come him fast it is but death who comes at last.

Brian E

Link Posted 07/10/2013 - 16:19
Who says the BBC isn't biased?! The preamble showing CP's kit in close up with the logo in full and then the close up of Bill Robinsons camera with only a limited view of the logo!

Anyway, congratulations to him for 'seeing' the picture and then taking it beautifully.

Hope to be at SRS on 'the Day'!

Brian.

Stuey

Link Posted 07/10/2013 - 20:48
Congrats to Bill Robinson

Sadly I missed it as I was driving us back from a weekend in Aberdaron

Nice to see a Pentax in the limelight
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link

Smeggypants

Link Posted 07/10/2013 - 21:11
Brian E wrote:
Who says the BBC isn't biased?! The preamble showing CP's kit in close up with the logo in full and then the close up of Bill Robinsons camera with only a limited view of the logo!

Anyway, congratulations to him for 'seeing' the picture and then taking it beautifully.

Hope to be at SRS on 'the Day'!

Brian.

Only very naive people, but that's a dwebate for another forum

I had al look at the other shortlisted ....

http://www.countryfile.com/countryside/countryfile-photographic-competition-winn...

...and thought Feeding Frenzy and Pier Sunset were much much better

Pleased a Pentax snapper has won though. Can't hurt
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283

cabstar

Link Posted 07/10/2013 - 21:19
stevejcoe wrote:
LittleSkink wrote:

the prize (1000) seemed a bit stingey given they made over 1.3m from the calendar last year - or is it just me ?

If Ricoh marketing had been on the ball, they would have had a coordinated marketing campaign in place pushing the fact that the winning image was shot on a Pentax, especially since there is a prior relationship with the programme from earlier this year (binocular recycling initiative at Bird Fair in August)

As for the prize, well it should still be possible to invite Bill to the Open day at SRS and present him with one of the first K? cameras and possibly DA 12-28 lens.

Regards - Steve

I guess pentax found out the same time as we did. The bbc press team will only be interested in promoting their programmes not other commercial organisations.
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released

stevejcoe

Link Posted 07/10/2013 - 21:41
cabstar wrote:
stevejcoe wrote:
Quote:

Regards - Steve

I guess pentax found out the same time as we did. The bbc press team will only be interested in promoting their programmes not other commercial organisations.

Well if that's the case, they would be looking for another job , if they worked for me. A marketing department with its finger on the pulse should be aware of all national competitions and be ready to make the most of any opportunity that presents itself.

A proactive approach would have been to approach the BBC and offer to donate the first prize, if the image was captured with Pentax equipment. If not, then a suitable donation to Children in Need could have been made.

Regards - Steve

johnriley

Link Posted 07/10/2013 - 23:53
Quote:
A proactive approach would have been to approach the BBC and offer to donate the first prize, if the image was captured with Pentax equipment

They couldn't know that the first place was shot on a Pentax until it happened. Promotions are made in advance and accordingly costed.
Best regards, John

puma

Link Posted 08/10/2013 - 00:34
All I can say is well done to Bill and best of luck to him keep clicking Bill and hopefully win next year
my web site http://www.swilsonphotography.foliopic.com/
PPG link

Smeggypants

Link Posted 08/10/2013 - 03:46
puma wrote:
All I can say is well done to Bill and best of luck to him keep clicking Bill and hopefully win next year

In the interests of good photography isn't it better to vote on what you think is the best image rather than vote simply because of what brand camera was used to take the shot?
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283

johnriley

Link Posted 08/10/2013 - 08:00
Quote:

In the interests of good photography isn't it better to vote on what you think is the best image rather than vote simply because of what brand camera was used to take the shot?

Absolutely.
Best regards, John

tyronet2000

Link Posted 08/10/2013 - 10:06
johnriley wrote:
Quote:

Absolutely.

+1

Thats why I paid 1 to vote in a recent competition for an image taken with a Nikon and another on a mobile phone. Didn't see any Pentax entries anyway
Regards
Stan

PPG
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.