Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Compact tripod with quick set up

grambuch
Posted 24/07/2017 - 23:06 Link
I don’t know if a tripod like this exists, but if you know of one I’d love to hear about it. I want a small, lightweight tripod which would support my K-x with kit lens (790 grams) at a height of say 0.5 to 1 metres. The most important feature would be that the three legs can be opened simultaneously by a single action – maybe some spring-loaded mechanism? There would be a quick attachment/release plate. The whole idea being that in any terrain I could plant the tripod, attach the camera, set the delayed shutter release and take a wide-angle ‘selfie’ with as little fuss as possible. Any ideas most welcome.
JAK
Algernon
Posted 25/07/2017 - 08:16 - Helpful Comment Link
You want something smaller/lighter than a Susis 270 (ebay_link). The best tripod I ever had for moving and setting up quickly. I used to use it for weddings with a 6x6 camera. The legs are a closed section and really smooth to handle. The 3 legs open at once and can be locked open. The bakelite (?) release knobs are smooth and secure and the feet pivot to suit the floor and have rubbers on the bottom. Really solid. German made.

The only reason I don't use it now is the head is crimped on and can't be changed. Weight isn't too bad, but a bit big for hiking.

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
Edited by Algernon: 25/07/2017 - 08:22
RobL
Posted 25/07/2017 - 08:30 - Helpful Comment Link
Gorillapod?
grambuch
Posted 27/07/2017 - 14:00 Link
thanks for suggestions. The first two too big I think. Gorrilapod worth a look.
grambuch
Posted 22/08/2017 - 17:33 Link
In the event I got the gorillapod. So far I'm rather impressed.
Posted 26/08/2017 - 05:32 - Helpful Comment Link
grambuch wrote:
I don’t know if a tripod like this exists, but if you know of one I’d love to hear about it. I want a small, lightweight tripod which would support my K-x with kit lens (790 grams) at a height of say 0.5 to 1 metres. The most important feature would be that the three legs can be opened simultaneously by a single action – maybe some spring-loaded mechanism? There would be a quick attachment/release plate. The whole idea being that in any terrain I could plant the tripod, attach the camera, set the delayed shutter release and take a wide-angle ‘selfie’ with as little fuss as possible. Any ideas most welcome.

You must fix the head ball with the camera

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.