Comments: Weekly Competition # 121- "Windows"
Posted 01/11/2009 - 18:30
Link
I have started praying for the site to crash
p.s. I have judged all 47 entries so far and have a running order but I have now started drinking whisky (neat) so any judging of entries from now on is likely to go seriously downhill
p.s. I have judged all 47 entries so far and have a running order but I have now started drinking whisky (neat) so any judging of entries from now on is likely to go seriously downhill
Hyram
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Posted 01/11/2009 - 20:16
Link
If you hadnt commented mine already, I would gladly let you skip it
Actually, you are doing quite well, if you can still make jokes all about it
I wonder what contest has got the largest nr of entries ? And how many then?
Posted 01/11/2009 - 20:44
Link
Well this competition definitely holds the record for the most number of entry, so you can stop entering now
Hyram
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Posted 01/11/2009 - 21:01
Link
We dont expect wonders....Just short and sweet will be enough...for the judging.
Posted 01/11/2009 - 21:04
Link
darlene wrote:
We dont expect wonders....Just short and sweet will be enough...for the judging.
It currently runs to 9 A4 pages
We dont expect wonders....Just short and sweet will be enough...for the judging.
Hyram
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Posted 01/11/2009 - 22:05
Link
Sorry Hyram. Just got back from a weekend away and realised I had a suitable shot,so another one to your list
Getting there! Thanks to you guys
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Posted 01/11/2009 - 22:33
Link
You've certainly got the record for the number of entries Hyram. And there's still time for some more.
Best of luck, David.
Best of luck, David.
Posted 01/11/2009 - 23:07
Link
davidtrout wrote:
You've certainly got the record for the number of entries Hyram. And there's still time for some more.
Best of luck, David.
Does anybody know what the record is?
You've certainly got the record for the number of entries Hyram. And there's still time for some more.
Best of luck, David.
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 02/11/2009 - 18:14
Link
Sorry Hyram, I had a senior moment. It should have been the building of the Pengrowth Corporation in Calgary. I tried straightening the verticals but then the horizontals looked wrong. I don’t know if there is a way to move one without the other? The only other thing I did was to correct exposure levels.
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 02/11/2009 - 18:27
Link
Doesn't skew (under Image: Transform) in Elements/PS do this? I'm sure someone in the know will be able to let us know.
There was certainly something in PSPx2 to do this. Though I don't recall what it was called - and it now refuses to work on my computer, so I can't go to see.
There was certainly something in PSPx2 to do this. Though I don't recall what it was called - and it now refuses to work on my computer, so I can't go to see.
Posted 02/11/2009 - 19:02
Link
Dr. Mhuni wrote:
Doesn't skew (under Image: Transform) in Elements/PS do this? I'm sure someone in the know will be able to let us know.
Thanks Mhuni, your right, but I would have to play around alot with skew to obtain the desired effect.
Doesn't skew (under Image: Transform) in Elements/PS do this? I'm sure someone in the know will be able to let us know.
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


2812 posts
19 years
Deepest Hampshire,
England
Commiserations and good luck with your task.
I should add that an entry is going to have to be stunning from now on to catch my attention
p.s. I will not be staying up late - some of us have to work
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T