Colored gels with umbrellas (does it still work?)

Jboyde
Posted 13/03/2009 - 06:18 Link
Hi. I am very soon going to get gels for colored lighting. The thing is, for the effect to work does the flash have to be directed on the subject? If I use a softbox, umbrella or something like a Lumiquest Pocket Bouncer will it really dilate the color?
I'd like to use the subtle gels that can match the flash color to tungsten, fluorescent, etc, but I'd hate to think that now I can't use light modifiers.

I appreciate the help.
~Jeff
gartmore
Posted 13/03/2009 - 07:06 Link
As long as the filter is between the flash tube and the light modifier it will have the desired effect. It is hard to be more specific without knowing what eqipment you have. I wouldn't bother too much about flourescent, most tubes these days are daylightish.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Edited by gartmore: 13/03/2009 - 07:06
Jboyde
Posted 14/03/2009 - 16:18 Link
I'm using the af360 and the sigma 530 Super. Later this week Im going to get the Honl or Lumiquest gel sets.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo