Close up of sweets
Posted 01/03/2014 - 10:37
Link
Sweet indeed. How could it be improved even more? 1, 2 and 4 could be set more in the centre, I think
Posted 01/03/2014 - 11:38
Link
Moved to the correct place
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 01/03/2014 - 13:55
Link
#1 This is the stand-out shot for me. Really nice but a little off in centering and also slightly tilted I think. Alignment really is critical for this type of shot.
#2 This looks very promising. I think a greater depth of field is needed here though so smaller aperture or focus stacking? Nice choice of background to harmonise with the wrappers.
#3 Sorry, subject and lighting just don't work for me.
#4 I don't think this background enhances the subject at all. Something dark and without a distracting pattern is called for - like shot #1.
#2 This looks very promising. I think a greater depth of field is needed here though so smaller aperture or focus stacking? Nice choice of background to harmonise with the wrappers.
#3 Sorry, subject and lighting just don't work for me.
#4 I don't think this background enhances the subject at all. Something dark and without a distracting pattern is called for - like shot #1.
Posted 01/03/2014 - 14:38
Link
Number 1 for me
Also one of my favourite sweets
Also one of my favourite sweets
cheers Neil
pentax k3
DA* 300 f4 DA* 50-135 f 2.8 smc DA* 16-50 f2.8 50mm f1.7 pentax1.4xhd converter
Panasonic Dmc Fz200
pentax k3
DA* 300 f4 DA* 50-135 f 2.8 smc DA* 16-50 f2.8 50mm f1.7 pentax1.4xhd converter
Panasonic Dmc Fz200
Posted 01/03/2014 - 17:49
Link
gtis wrote:
Number 1 for me
Also one of my favourite sweets
I like Jazzies as well, there's the chocolate version
Number 1 for me
Also one of my favourite sweets
Always be kind to people
link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photographs-by-an-angel/262352847143059
link
link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photographs-by-an-angel/262352847143059
link
Posted 01/03/2014 - 21:11
Link
I'm not a sweet eater, your photos are nice and sharp , but crop them so the the glass dish is central .
I prefer the photo's with a black background ....jeff....
I prefer the photo's with a black background ....jeff....
Posted 02/03/2014 - 09:32
Link
Want to try Smarties next.
Always be kind to people
link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photographs-by-an-angel/262352847143059
link
link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photographs-by-an-angel/262352847143059
link
Posted 02/03/2014 - 10:35
Link
I like No1.
I haven't produced an image like this myself so please feel free to take these comments with a pinch of salt
As others have said the crop could be a bit more central and you just sliced the bottom of the bowl off.
What's slightly off putting to me is the reflection in the glass of the light source which looks to be a window and I've spent as much time trying to figure what's on your window sill as looking at the subject.
I have an awful lot to learn about lighting myself so maybe the more knowledgeable here could comment on how that reflection could be enhanced/avoided
HTH
Pete A
I haven't produced an image like this myself so please feel free to take these comments with a pinch of salt
As others have said the crop could be a bit more central and you just sliced the bottom of the bowl off.
What's slightly off putting to me is the reflection in the glass of the light source which looks to be a window and I've spent as much time trying to figure what's on your window sill as looking at the subject.
I have an awful lot to learn about lighting myself so maybe the more knowledgeable here could comment on how that reflection could be enhanced/avoided
HTH
Pete A
Posted 02/03/2014 - 17:46
Link
gwing wrote:
#1 This is the stand-out shot for me. Really nice but a little off in centering and also slightly tilted I think. Alignment really is critical for this type of shot.
#2 This looks very promising. I think a greater depth of field is needed here though so smaller aperture or focus stacking? Nice choice of background to harmonise with the wrappers.
#3 Sorry, subject and lighting just don't work for me.
#4 I don't think this background enhances the subject at all. Something dark and without a distracting pattern is called for - like shot #1.
What Gwing says #1 This is the stand-out shot for me. Really nice but a little off in centering and also slightly tilted I think. Alignment really is critical for this type of shot.
#2 This looks very promising. I think a greater depth of field is needed here though so smaller aperture or focus stacking? Nice choice of background to harmonise with the wrappers.
#3 Sorry, subject and lighting just don't work for me.
#4 I don't think this background enhances the subject at all. Something dark and without a distracting pattern is called for - like shot #1.
with the addition of
#1 mask out the window reflection, and brighten up the sweets themselves in editing. and crop it so it's centred
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1041 posts
14 years
Salisbury
link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photographs-by-an-angel/262352847143059
link