Classic harbour scene, but does it work?
Posted 02/11/2007 - 01:08
Link
Quote:
And how can I check just by scrolling down? : :
Scroll the browser (with the scrolling bar) until the image horizon is aligned with the window border.And how can I check just by scrolling down? : :
Better an mage for help my explanation:

Chris, I like your image just as is.
The Opera House is just another building of Sidney city. I think you will give the Opera more relevance because in some way is the symbol of Sydney. The image perspective is making justice with the size of all the city buildings.
Consider you have in the photography three heavy weighting elements competing for the sight –the very sharp and good healthy Cu´s; Sydney city and the boat wake- giving preference to one of this elements, will detracts the others. As actually the image is, I can see a good balance of all the mentioned elements.
For me is a very good image!
Best regards.
________________
Dirk TROTTEYN.
K10D+ Sigma 18-50 1:2.8 DC Lens.
Posted 02/11/2007 - 08:56
Link
Quote:
Straightening tool in what?
And how can I check just by scrolling down? : :
Sorry, I should have been clearer. The straightening tool in PSE5. If you scroll down you can put your horizon against the top of the Windows task bar and check against that.gartmore wrote:
Sorry, I must be being thick. Quote:
I just used the staightening tool, clicked on one side and dragged to the other. It is bang on, you can check just be scrolling down this page. It is funny that sometimes 'correct' can look 'wrong'gartmore wrote:
I think its worth staightening!
Hmm. How much was that? Looks a bit too much to me.I think its worth staightening!
Straightening tool in what?
And how can I check just by scrolling down? : :
just noticed Dirk's excellent post
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 02/11/2007 - 09:10
Link
for shots like these, the 'water level' is not necessarily horizontal. I believe you need to work with verticals to get the image 'true'.
Please call me aj,
I use a Pentax K10D, on a MacBook with LightRoom (vers 1.3 + beta 2)
http://www.ba-joseph.co.uk/gallery
I use a Pentax K10D, on a MacBook with LightRoom (vers 1.3 + beta 2)
http://www.ba-joseph.co.uk/gallery
Posted 02/11/2007 - 09:35
Link
To be honest I also think there is too much foreground & the main "scenery" doesn't have the impact I'm guessing you were hoping for
simon
simon
My website http://www.landscapephotographyuk.com
My Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/landscapephotographyuk
Find me on Google+ link
My Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/landscapephotographyuk
Find me on Google+ link
Posted 02/11/2007 - 10:57
Link
This picture should (IMO) have been taken higher, to include more of the interesting clouds, and to lose most of the somewhat boring water.
G
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


275 posts
20 years
Maybe lose a third of the sky and three quarters of the water to turn it into a pano?