Chineese Whispers meets The Pointless Thread!

Snootchies

Link Posted 28/08/2010 - 18:15
It was a short time ago I posted this shot and was pleasantly suprised how the various conversations developed - in a completely unexpected way.

So I suggested we should post a random picture and see where the comments lead us - in a similar way to Hardgravity's excellent Another Pointless Thread. And it was suggested I post the first image. Then I got a tad distracted with my new Bigma and forgot!

So here is an image I took in Chester today:

There are plenty of street performers in Chester at the weekend, most are very skilled such as this gentleman who went on to balance a ball on his head via that 2 metre pole, and various other tricks. But (and I dont really know why) the people who are motionless pretending to be statues really annoy me!

Anyways, that's my first comment - anyone else want to continue and comment on anything they can find in this pic? Let's see where it goes...
Bob

My website (Hadfield Photography)

Pentax Gallery Artist page:link

Flickr Photostream: link

thoramay

Link Posted 28/08/2010 - 18:22
I get the impression that the little boy is asking for his football back

Snootchies

Link Posted 28/08/2010 - 18:27
thoramay wrote:
I get the impression that the little boy is asking for his football back

Lol - having a back garden slap bang in the middle of Chester city centre was always going to be a problem for that kid!
Bob

ISO

Link Posted 28/08/2010 - 18:31
It's no wonder the Italians didn't do well in the World Cup

Algernon

Link Posted 28/08/2010 - 19:41
Shouldn't they all be shopping!!!
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

Father Ted

Link Posted 28/08/2010 - 20:37
I'm wondering what the woman is putting into her pocket?
Getting there! Thanks to you guys

Pentax K10d, *istDL, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.

Kenty

Link Posted 28/08/2010 - 21:23
What is the woman in the white blouse to the right of the photo looking at? Whatever it is it seems more interesting than the street performer!!
On a dark desert highway, cool Pentax K5 in my hand.
My Kit
K5 & 18-55 Kit lens, K7, Pentax 18-250mm lens, Sigma 10-20mm lens, Sigma 105mm Macro lens, Pentax 50mm 1.7 lens, Cokin P Series Filters

mayday

Link Posted 28/08/2010 - 22:17
She had to look away because the juggler has dropped his balls...
Regards
David

Retired at last - now all that time for photography - you would think: wink:

Mike-P

Link Posted 28/08/2010 - 23:15
Looks to me like he is selling a snooker set for people with iffy eyesight.
. My Flickr

womble

Link Posted 29/08/2010 - 15:16
Father Ted wrote:

The chap in the blue fleece's watch?
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

Mike-P

Link Posted 29/08/2010 - 15:21
womble wrote:
Father Ted wrote:

Has he got two then?
. My Flickr

TOZZA27

Link Posted 29/08/2010 - 18:58
Surprised you weren`t accosted by security for photographing in a public place or accused of spying for the French Cafe down the road against the Italians.

I prefer the place in Lower Bridge Street anyway - beautiful ham & cheese toasties.........................

Tony
K20D,*istD ( now a dedicated M42 digital ),K100D,MZ5N,P50,ME Super,Spotmatic 1000,Spotmatic,ESII,ES,H2.18-55 II,18-55,75-300 FAJ,35-80 FA,80-200 F,28-105 FA,Sigma 24-70 AF Aspherical,Sigma 28-300 Hyperzoom , Praotor II 500 M42,Centon 500mm mirror,and a few Pentax M42 Taks,super-Taks,smc Taks,A and M lenses.Benbo trekker,7dayshop monopod and a Lowepro rucksack.

I am now on Flickr which is nice !

ISO

Link Posted 29/08/2010 - 19:21
Actually I think Bob has PP'd the whole background. The guy in the hat is actually standing on Wembley Pitch talking to England Team. He saying 'this is football .. it goes in net .. otherwise sharp stick where sun don't shine'

Oggy

Link Posted 29/08/2010 - 22:36
Mike-P wrote:
womble wrote:
Quote:

Has he got two then?

No Mike, the chap is wearing a watch owned by the blue fleece.

Snootchies

Link Posted 29/08/2010 - 22:40
ISO wrote:
Actually I think Bob has PP'd the whole background. The guy in the hat is actually standing on Wembley Pitch talking to England Team. He saying 'this is football .. it goes in net .. otherwise sharp stick where sun don't shine'

Pure brilliance!
Bob

Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.