Cheshire Steam Fair


johnwhit

Link Posted 01/07/2011 - 14:07
Cliff-P wrote:
Thats some achievement Wish him all the very best from me Howard.

Best wishes from me too Howard to your dad, 101, that's some achievement.

John
PPG link

In LBA hiatus.

Cliff-P

Link Posted 01/07/2011 - 21:09
davex wrote:
Saturday fine by me.
Time at the bar?

I think we will go for 10.30 at the beer tent if that's ok with everybody?, the site officially opens at 10am but JohnW and myself will probably arrive soon after nine just in case the bar opens early

08tiger wrote:
damn, it everything seams to happen on the same weekend, have been looking for a steam fair to attend but had pencilled in the bike meet at Mallory park for the same dates.

Taking pics is much more fun Don
Cliff.




My Flickr link
Nikon D750, D7000 , Nikkor 80-400, 70-300 and 18-200 lenses

08tiger

Link Posted 02/07/2011 - 00:32
Cliff-P wrote:
davex wrote:
Saturday fine by me.
Time at the bar?

I think we will go for 10.30 at the beer tent if that's ok with everybody?, the site officially opens at 10am but JohnW and myself will probably arrive soon after nine just in case the bar opens early

08tiger wrote:
damn, it everything seams to happen on the same weekend, have been looking for a steam fair to attend but had pencilled in the bike meet at Mallory park for the same dates.

Taking pics is much more fun Don

Thats what I intend doing at Mallory, not many opportunities in this part of the world to see old gear in such numbers
C&C welcome.
Don.

whatsthisbuttondo

Link Posted 02/07/2011 - 19:31
Cant make it got to be at reopening of queens park with british legion hopefully next time Peter

Cliff-P

Link Posted 02/07/2011 - 20:48
Not to worry Peter I think we have one or two meets planned this year.
Cliff.




My Flickr link
Nikon D750, D7000 , Nikkor 80-400, 70-300 and 18-200 lenses

johnwhit

Link Posted 05/07/2011 - 09:23
It'll be a good excuse to give the DA-15 a try out, take the BG off the K20 and pocket a couple of other small primes, the DA-70 and one other, just not sure which 24, 28 or 35mm

John
PPG link

In LBA hiatus.

Cliff-P

Link Posted 05/07/2011 - 10:15
I would suggest you take your 10-20 John its a useful zoom range at these places! and if you don't use it you could always let someone else have a go with it The DA-15 should be fine tbh John but you might just need something a little longer as well.

Just had a look at the weather for Saturday and it doesn't look like a bad day.

Just to recap on things, We all meet at the beer tent on Saturday say between ten and ten thirty.
Cliff.




My Flickr link
Nikon D750, D7000 , Nikkor 80-400, 70-300 and 18-200 lenses

johnwhit

Link Posted 05/07/2011 - 10:27
Cliff-P wrote:
I would suggest you take your 10-20 John its a useful zoom range at these places! and if you don't use it you could always let someone else have a go with it

Yours if you want it for the day Cliff, the DA-15 deserves to be used, it's a sin not to, I've got the long end covered with the DA-70 I think unless we're going to diversify into wildlife

It's just the mid-range, the FA-35/2 looks favourite at the moment.......or the FA-28........or the Siggy 24........decisions

John
PPG link

In LBA hiatus.

Cliff-P

Link Posted 05/07/2011 - 11:10
The 70mm should suffice John dont think there will be much wildlife around with all the noise, maybe a few sheep or something
Cliff.




My Flickr link
Nikon D750, D7000 , Nikkor 80-400, 70-300 and 18-200 lenses

johnwhit

Link Posted 05/07/2011 - 11:15
Cliff-P wrote:
The 70mm should suffice John dont think there will be much wildlife around with all the noise, maybe a few sheep or something

Sheep OK

If it's forecast or looks like rain then it's default to the DA*16-50

John
PPG link

In LBA hiatus.

Cliff-P

Link Posted 05/07/2011 - 11:23
If it's forecast or looks like rain then it's default to the..... (correction) BEER TENT
Cliff.




My Flickr link
Nikon D750, D7000 , Nikkor 80-400, 70-300 and 18-200 lenses

johnwhit

Link Posted 05/07/2011 - 11:34
Cliff-P wrote:
If it's forecast or looks like rain then it's default to the..... (correction) BEER TENT



John
PPG link

In LBA hiatus.

HowardJ

Link Posted 07/07/2011 - 14:20
Just to confirm that unfortunately that I will not be with you on Saturday. I hope the weather is fine for you, not the heavy thundery rain we've had here over the last two days.

Are you all taking your wellies with you as it could be muddy after the aforementioned rain??

Whatever, I hope you all have a good time. I look forward to seeing the excellent images. That is if you've managed to get out of the beer tent.

Howard


Cymru Am Byth

Cliff-P

Link Posted 07/07/2011 - 22:16
Very sorry to hear that Mr Jones I was looking forward to your company and I was going to buy the beer all day
Cliff.




My Flickr link
Nikon D750, D7000 , Nikkor 80-400, 70-300 and 18-200 lenses

HowardJ

Link Posted 07/07/2011 - 22:21
Cliff-P wrote:
Very sorry to hear that Mr Jones I was looking forward to your company and I was going to buy the beer all day

Flattery will get you nowhere Mr Pike. As for the beer very kind of you but no thanks - I'm teetotal!!!

Cliff-P wrote:
Not to worry Peter I think we have one or two meets planned this year.

What other meets are you planning? And where? Hopefully I can make the others.

As I said before, have a good day.

Cheers,

Howard


Cymru Am Byth
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.