Young persons photographic club in shropshire?

OJS

Link Posted 10/07/2012 - 19:31
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows of a photographic club in Shropshire, that mainly consists of the younger generation (myself!)

It's really hard to find other people around my age of 17 who are into photography as much as me.

Any information will be much appreciated,

Cheers!

Owen
17 years old with 3 years pentax use!

"If In Doubt; Flat Out!"

davidstorm

Link Posted 10/07/2012 - 19:56
Why restrict it to the younger generation Owen? You might learn more from some of us old 'uns and some of are almost cool

Cheers
David
My Website http://imagesbydavidstorm.foliopic.com

Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

OJS

Link Posted 10/07/2012 - 20:00
It would just be nice to enjoy it with some other people around my age!

Of course id be happy spending time with older generations, at work, Im part of the Ricoh Photographic Society. Which is a sea of grey & white hair!

Ive learnt alot from them, and to be honest, they can be just as immature as me! it would be good meeting a few people from here too

"If In Doubt; Flat Out!"

johnriley

Link Posted 10/07/2012 - 20:04
Age is an illusion, it's being open minded that counts, but you're unlikely to find a very young photographic society. It's just the way it seems to be. We have some younger members at ADAPS, but Atherton is a bit far from where you are.
Best regards, John

OJS

Link Posted 10/07/2012 - 20:09
True words there, im always willing to try something new, and venture into new areas.

Cheers,

Owen

"If In Doubt; Flat Out!"

Bertie54

Link Posted 10/07/2012 - 21:13
I don't know their age range but I've seen some very impressive work done by Wrekin Arts members. We've had a few of them over to our club in Stafford to give lectures. They may be worth a look if you haven't done so already. They are based in Wellington.

Cheers,

Steve
Steve

michaelblue

Link Posted 10/07/2012 - 22:11
Shropshire Photographic Society have members of all ages, here is the link
Regards,
Michael
My new website:link

davidtrout

Link Posted 11/07/2012 - 08:58
Bertie54 wrote:
I don't know their age range but I've seen some very impressive work done by Wrekin Arts members. We've had a few of them over to our club in Stafford to give lectures. They may be worth a look if you haven't done so already. They are based in Wellington.

Cheers,

Steve

The Wrekin Arts PS is nationally renowned with some very well known photographers among its members. Any young person joining this society, which is on your doorstep, could learn a lot from its elder statesmen. It runs an annual international photo exhibition.
David

PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout
Last Edited by davidtrout on 11/07/2012 - 08:59

fatspider

Link Posted 11/07/2012 - 11:14
Quote:
Age is an illusion

Tell that to my creaking joints first thing on a morning

As for camera clubs have a look here: link
Click on "Federations" on the left then select your region for a list of available clubs, you can then further research the club via their own website or by contacting them.
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.