CeBIT Hannover, 2012

steven9761
Posted 14/03/2012 - 14:54 Link
I'm given to believe that a company called PRETEC will be exhibiting at this year's CeBIT, and amongst the goodies they will be exhibiting is a class 16 - yes, CLASS 16 sd card!! From the attached link (http://www.pretec.com/products/memory-cards/sd-card) it seems that they have a card capable of read/write speeds of 567x!!

I checked with Pentax, and they advised that, provided you have the latest firmware on the camera, they will work quite happily in a Kr!!.. My guess is that, since K7 and K5 are higher-spec, they'd be just as comfortable with these beasts.
steven9761
Posted 15/03/2012 - 10:06 Link
UPDATE:

I tracked down a 32Gb Pretec Class 16 (233x R/W) SD card on Amazon @ £34.99. When I get the card, I'll give it a go, and let you know my opinion of it.
Edited by steven9761: 15/03/2012 - 10:06
steven9761
Posted 19/03/2012 - 14:11 Link
I got hold of an 8Gb Class 16 (433x SDHC) today, made by Pretec. I'll be having a bash with this over the next few days. With any luck, I'll have some worthwhile pics to post here too.
Edited by steven9761: 19/03/2012 - 14:21

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo