Camera slider strap.

vic cross

Link Posted 29/07/2020 - 15:09

Hi all. Just thought I'd let you all see my nice new Slider strap that I made at a fraction of the cost of a commercial (retail) one.
CHEERS Vic.

I actually made 2. 1 each for my K1 and K3ii
Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.
Last Edited by vic cross on 29/07/2020 - 15:11

Nigelk

Link Posted 30/07/2020 - 16:30
Nice one Vic. As long as your Jesus screw doesn't come undone all will be well

K10D

Link Posted 30/07/2020 - 17:21
A small O ring will help keep it firm. The pound shops often have small compartment boxes of them.

Best regards
Плутон идет

vic cross

Link Posted 31/07/2020 - 01:04
It's in. It's tight. It will not come out. There actually is a small fibre washer in. I am a retired engineer after all. I just thought some others may get some inspiration and try it for themselves. I can hang one camera on each side so have a choice of lens without changing. Wide one side long the other.
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.

JohnX

Link Posted 31/07/2020 - 10:56
Where did you get the screw please Vic? Great idea btw!

vic cross

Link Posted 31/07/2020 - 13:27
Hi John. Great family name "CROSS". I got 4 bright shiny stainless steel ones from Amazon. So 2 spare. I also made a mistake and ordered a pack of 5 from Hong Kong "Ebay" slightly larger eye and not so shiny. So now I have a total of 7 spares. The thread length was a bit "5 or 6 mm" long but a hacksaw sorted that out. The other bits I had lying around. I'll most likely screw them to a plate in the garage roof to hang things on???????????
CHEERS Vic.

Lubbyman

Link Posted 31/07/2020 - 13:48
vic cross wrote:
I'll most likely screw them to a plate in the garage roof to hang things on???????????

Best idea I've heard for a long time. Opens up new possibilities in the garden shed. Thanks .

Steve

vic cross

Link Posted 31/07/2020 - 15:12
Steve. I can't hang things in the 12ft. x 12ft. shed as that's the wifes. I'd get my head in my hands and my brains to play with. the garage is my domain. When I got married 60yrs ago I was given the advice. You'll be all right if you do as your told and I've adhered to that advice and it's served me well. If you can do it in the shed good luck.
CHEERS Vic.

Lubbyman

Link Posted 31/07/2020 - 17:11
Vic, I've almost finshed building a new shed. 8 x 6 ft, metal (plastic coated galvanised) with a 25 yr guarantee, so should see me out and more. Steel workbench and eye-level shelving came as part of the package, but of course I can't just put nails and screws into the walls like I could with the old (and rotten) wooden one. Hence storage ideas for a shed are on my mind at the moment.

The garage is, by mutual but unspoken agreement, the dumping ground for things we don't want in the house or will never use again but don't want to get rid of. I've got my bit, my wife has her bit and there's a bit for things that neither of us accept responsibility for. The boundaries are flexible, depending on how much pressure is applied by either party in the form of squeezing yet more stuff into the already full space. In the 30 years we've lived here, there's been a car in the garage for no more than a couple of weeks. That was in the short gap between clearing it of stuff that had been put there 'temporarily' during the move and starting to fill it with other stuff. Most recently, the metal shed had been in boxes in the garage since before Christmas. Now it's out of the garage, the empty cardboard boxes are filling up the space because the grandchildren might like to use them to build a den when they visit next week. All I ask for, is that it's possible to walk from the side door at the back end to the main door at the front without having to climb over things in between. Occasionally my wish is granted...!

Steve
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.