Camera bag
Posted 29/11/2007 - 06:56
Link
Thanks - that looks just the job.
I think I'll order one.
Mike
I think I'll order one.
Mike
Posted 29/11/2007 - 17:30
Link
Before you do, just do a little more research. I am sure I read somewhere that the expedition 7 was the largest they did that you could take as hand luggage on a flight, so this is worth checking.
If you wanted even more space, there is an expedition 8 as well!
If you wanted even more space, there is an expedition 8 as well!
Posted 29/11/2007 - 17:53
Link
I reckon the 7 is the biggest for hand luggage as well and the 8 and 9 look a bit big all in all. It's OK as I can just blame and curse you if it's no good
Mike
Mike
Posted 29/11/2007 - 19:11
Link
Some of the images I found are contradictory. It does have a half decent top section doesn't it? I'm getting concerned that the bottom section isn't big enough now - hey ho.
Mike
Mike
Posted 29/11/2007 - 19:53
Link
For anyone interested in the "Tamrac Adventure 6" as a backpack option I just received mine today & unfortunately it's too small for my GX10 (K10D). I believe with the standard kit lens it probably would be o.k but I have the Sigma 17-70 which being that much bigger means the body/lens sits proud in the bottom section.
I'm exchanging it for the "Tamrac Adventure 7" which is slightly larger & I'm sure will be perfect.
simon
I'm exchanging it for the "Tamrac Adventure 7" which is slightly larger & I'm sure will be perfect.
simon
My website http://www.landscapephotographyuk.com
My Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/landscapephotographyuk
Find me on Google+ link
My Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/landscapephotographyuk
Find me on Google+ link
Posted 29/11/2007 - 22:13
Link
Can you post an update before I order one please! May I ask where you're getting it from, so far I think Aspens is the cheapest I have found.
Mike
Mike
Posted 04/12/2007 - 16:31
Link
Simon - did your Tamrac 7 arraive and was it big enough?
Thanks
Mike
Thanks
Mike
Posted 04/12/2007 - 19:31
Link
Quote:
Simon - did your Tamrac 7 arraive and was it big enough?
Thanks
Mike
Hi Mike,Simon - did your Tamrac 7 arraive and was it big enough?
Thanks
Mike
Just received the bag today - it's certainly a better fit than than the Tamrac 6 but still needs some "adjusting" to get things as needed. With the Sigma 17-70 attached the fit of both bags doesn't quite seem to be right. I'm guessing that the Tamrac 6 would probably be fine with the 18-55 kit lens
simon
My website http://www.landscapephotographyuk.com
My Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/landscapephotographyuk
Find me on Google+ link
My Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/landscapephotographyuk
Find me on Google+ link
Posted 04/12/2007 - 19:54
Link
Hmm, the largest lens I have is the Sigma 10-20 but it isn't all that long but rather chubby. I think I'll take a punt on the Tamrac 7 - it looks like what I need although I was dithering about a regular bag as opposed to backpack.
Then I'm real good at dithering!
Mike
Then I'm real good at dithering!
Mike
Posted 07/12/2007 - 15:09
Link
Hmm Tamrac 7 just arrived. It seems well made and padded and the top part is a useful size but not enough for air travel!
Without having too much time to fanny about the centre bit for the camera does seem limited but it does take the K100 with any lens plus the Sigma on one side, the two primes and the other zoom on the other side. Just as well I don't use flash though.
Still I think it will suit me - what I really want to do is see if I get a huge wet patch on my back in hot weather. I suspect not but I'll only know in the summer.
Incidentally Aspens of hereford do a best offer on eBay, make it lower than £38
Mike
Without having too much time to fanny about the centre bit for the camera does seem limited but it does take the K100 with any lens plus the Sigma on one side, the two primes and the other zoom on the other side. Just as well I don't use flash though.
Still I think it will suit me - what I really want to do is see if I get a huge wet patch on my back in hot weather. I suspect not but I'll only know in the summer.
Incidentally Aspens of hereford do a best offer on eBay, make it lower than £38
Mike
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


3062 posts
18 years
Aylesbury,
Bucks.
Website・Blog・Gear・Twitter・Facebook