Cable shutter release

simonkit
Posted 31/03/2008 - 17:23 Link
Just received a cable shutter release for my GX10, very cheap & works well - focuses & enable both "bulb" & "auto-bracketing" shooting. Here's the link incase anyone is interested - arrived within 4 days too !!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Shutter-Release-Cable-for-Samsung-GX-10-GX-1L-GX-1S_W0QQit...

simon
Mannesty
Posted 31/03/2008 - 18:09 Link
I went for one like this. It has an interval timer too.
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream
dangie
Posted 02/04/2008 - 09:18 Link
For those who don't know, as much as it hurts me to say it, the Canon wired remote RS-60E3 also works on Pentax and Samsung dSLR's. It's about £12 on Amazon and 7dayshop. Far cheaper than the Pentax remote.
6th Year Apprentice Pensioner
iceblinker
Posted 02/04/2008 - 09:48 Link
Even cheaper are the multi-brand infrared remote controls from Hong Kong via eBay. Saves plugging a cable into the camera.
~Pete
George Lazarette
Posted 02/04/2008 - 10:02 Link
Quote:
Even cheaper are the multi-brand infrared remote controls from Hong Kong via eBay. Saves plugging a cable into the camera.
Quite so. The only advantage of a cable, in my view, is that with a little DIY you can extend it to a considerable distance (over 60 feet), which can be great if you want to photograph wildlife. Much cheaper than (though not as good as) a proper radio trigger.

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Daniel Bridge
Posted 02/04/2008 - 18:30 Link
Quote:
Even cheaper are the multi-brand infrared remote controls from Hong Kong via eBay. Saves plugging a cable into the camera.
Other problem I encountered the other day using the infra-red remote was that the camera (K10D) switches itself out of this mode after about 10 minutes. So as I was sat there waiting for a Long-Tailed Tit to come into shot, I discovered the shutter wouldn't fire when I wanted it to.

This may well be a setting in the menu somewhere, but I didn't get round to looking for it. The cable release wouldn't suffer from this though. And George is right, I have over 80 feet of extension for mine, and a cable also means you can camouflage the camera, and not worry about needing line of sight to trigger the shutter.

Dan
K-3, a macro lens and a DA*300mm...
curtlyb
Posted 03/04/2008 - 06:50 Link
Quote:
Even cheaper are the multi-brand infrared remote controls from Hong Kong via eBay. Saves plugging a cable into the camera.
I bought one of these and its excellent, the only trouble is i couldn't figure out how to have an exposure greater than 30secs on my K100D using it, it doesn't seem to send a permanent IR beam to keep the shutter open on 'B' ???
(I've ordered a similar wired one to the OP's which is winging its way from China)

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo