Cable release
Posted 05/05/2007 - 11:56
Link
Hi Larry and welcome.
The DSLRs need an electronic cable release that is obtainable through your dealer.
The Power Zoom feature is not supported by your camera so is defunct. You can use manual zooming in the usual way. The seitch you mention might have something to do with the power zoom auto size tracking feature. I'm not sure about that one.
In any event, use it as a normal manual zoom and you should be fine. AF should work in the usual way.
The DSLRs need an electronic cable release that is obtainable through your dealer.
The Power Zoom feature is not supported by your camera so is defunct. You can use manual zooming in the usual way. The seitch you mention might have something to do with the power zoom auto size tracking feature. I'm not sure about that one.
In any event, use it as a normal manual zoom and you should be fine. AF should work in the usual way.
Best regards, John
Posted 05/05/2007 - 11:59
Link
Quote:
Hi Larry and welcome.
The DSLRs need an electronic cable release that is obtainable through your dealer.
The Power Zoom feature is not supported by your camera so is defunct. You can use manual zooming in the usual way. The seitch you mention might have something to do with the power zoom auto size tracking feature. I'm not sure about that one.
In any event, use it as a normal manual zoom and you should be fine. AF should work in the usual way.
Thanks for the promt response. Good Day.
Hi Larry and welcome.
The DSLRs need an electronic cable release that is obtainable through your dealer.
The Power Zoom feature is not supported by your camera so is defunct. You can use manual zooming in the usual way. The seitch you mention might have something to do with the power zoom auto size tracking feature. I'm not sure about that one.
In any event, use it as a normal manual zoom and you should be fine. AF should work in the usual way.
Love is putting a smile in the heart of someone through a picture....Thanks for your help. Larry Llewellyn Toronto Canada
Posted 05/05/2007 - 15:30
Link
Hi Larry, you can also use a remote release for Canons (sorry wash my mouth out with soap!) on you camera. Look for one that is Canon RS-60E3 compatible. I have a generic one made by JJC which cost me 12 euros.
I got this as the IR remote only works from the front on the Ist D series. They solved that one on the K10D so it also works from the back.
I know you from DPF (but I use another name there )!
I got this as the IR remote only works from the front on the Ist D series. They solved that one on the K10D so it also works from the back.
I know you from DPF (but I use another name there )!
Posted 09/05/2007 - 05:55
Link
Quote:
Hi Larry, you can also use a remote release for Canons (sorry wash my mouth out with soap!) on you camera. Look for one that is Canon RS-60E3 compatible. I have a generic one made by JJC which cost me 12 euros.
I got this as the IR remote only works from the front on the Ist D series. They solved that one on the K10D so it also works from the back.
I know you from DPF (but I use another name there )!
Thanks very much, for the info. will look into that end.
Hi Larry, you can also use a remote release for Canons (sorry wash my mouth out with soap!) on you camera. Look for one that is Canon RS-60E3 compatible. I have a generic one made by JJC which cost me 12 euros.
I got this as the IR remote only works from the front on the Ist D series. They solved that one on the K10D so it also works from the back.
I know you from DPF (but I use another name there )!
Love is putting a smile in the heart of someone through a picture....Thanks for your help. Larry Llewellyn Toronto Canada
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


6 posts
19 years
Toronto,
CANADA
I have no instructions for a tele 100-300 Power Zoom I bought it used. There is a switch on the barrel P A > AS. And on the barrel is a ring I push to activate the focus/power, can I damage it if not used properly?
Thanks from Toronto Can.