burlesque
Posted 11/11/2009 - 01:31
Link
Definitely the 1st shot for me. I prefer it in almost every respect, the lighting, the dust on the glass, her pose, even the tilt to the window. The 2nd and 3rd both look a bit posed to me, and the 3rd one has an extra flatness to it, a bit like excessive noise reduction.
The 4th photo is very nice too
The 4th photo is very nice too
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Posted 11/11/2009 - 09:26
Link
Thanks Tim, that last shot was taken by the forth model on a my W60.
I can see what you mean, but in isolation, or full size, I suspect that observation wouldn't crop up. I think it is mostly down to the greater resize ratio.
Quote:
excessive noise reduction (on number 3)
Hmm, I may have burnt-in some of the bottom panes to remove the dust as it wasn't appropriate, but I wouldn't have used noise reduction or despeckle as they both trash the image.excessive noise reduction (on number 3)
I can see what you mean, but in isolation, or full size, I suspect that observation wouldn't crop up. I think it is mostly down to the greater resize ratio.
Posted 11/11/2009 - 11:22
Link
I want to know what your showing them!!!!! And is it really that small they have to bend in closer???????
Pentax K20D, Pentax 16-45, Sigma 50-300, Tamron 70-200 f2.8. Tamron 90 f2.8 macro, The Sigma Bigma.
Nikon D700 ,nikon 14-24mm f2.8, Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 VR.
Nikon D700 ,nikon 14-24mm f2.8, Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 VR.
Posted 11/11/2009 - 11:35
Link
te he, I actually hadn't noticed that!
I understand owners of K7s have bigger ones...
I understand owners of K7s have bigger ones...
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



1753 posts
18 years
Plymouth,
UK
Plymouth Photographer