Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Bulrush

Lubbyman
Posted 30/01/2023 - 22:00 Link
RSPB nature reserves aren't just for photographing birds. I couldn't resist this bulrush.

Taken with K3 + DA300mm + F 1.7x Adapter, hand held atop a monopod. It was the first outing for the new-to-me adapter. Results seem just as good as with the 1.4TC. Different technique needed, of course, but that's all part of the rich variety and challenges of photographic life .

Comment Image

Steve
davidwozhere
Posted 31/01/2023 - 00:42 Link
Once you get used to it it is a wonderful beast indeed. I get phenomenal results using it with the A series 100mm macro.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd
Lubbyman
Posted 31/01/2023 - 13:41 Link
davidwozhere wrote:
Once you get used to it it is a wonderful beast indeed. I get phenomenal results using it with the A series 100mm macro.

Thanks, that's good to hear. I was hoping to try it with birds in flight, but the birds wouldn't cooperate. Too cold. They were all hunkered down, conserving energy. Only humans were daft enough to wander around getting colder and colder. Thank goodness the coffee wagon was still open at the end of the day .

Steve
jvs
Posted 31/01/2023 - 16:59 Link
Looking forward to seeing some wildlife images now, Steve! This is a good start, to be sure!
John
cardiffgareth
Posted 06/02/2023 - 08:34 Link
Really like this, so delicate looking. The background colour compliments the subject nicely
Gareth Williams ARPS

My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.