Built in flash has died...

gartmore
Posted 21/10/2007 - 16:03 Link
Quote:
johnriley wrote:
In the studio, it's much simpler than all that info exchange.

Fire flashes and measure using flashmeter. F11 or whatever it is. Set on camera. Take pictures. In those circumstances there's no need for all the gizmos, so it really I suppose depends on what the photographer is doing and how.
I was surprised by this relative simplicity when I had that first go at studio work the other week.

Are there any inexpensive studio flash units about, that would do for a home studio? I'm thinking of getting a big piece of black cloth, suspending it from the picture rail, and moving furniture about. To start with, one flash and a reflector would probably do.

Also, how to trigger the studio flash? The built-in's no good, since the pre-flash can't be switched off, and I don't want the bulk of a full-size manual gun. Is there a suitable hotshoe adapter for the trigger cable?
I can highly recommend this seller in Hong Kong, delivery is usually about 3 weeks but savings are immense.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Mr-Studio-One_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZQ2d33QQftidZ2QQtZkm
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
johnriley
Posted 21/10/2007 - 17:58 Link
That'll do fine.

I use the Interfit Studio Flash Transmitter - same thing, but it might be worth checking out the Jessops price for that.

Jessops also have some fairly basic but inexpensive studio flash kits that will certainly do the job. They aren't powerful flash units, but work for a small studio.
Best regards, John

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo