BTCC Oulton Park - Image Heavy
Posted 08/06/2016 - 00:07
Link
As expected a great set George!
No.s 3, 7, 8 & 13 are my favorites as I have practically nothing like your portraits.
Despite having little time for shooting I've only been through shots on one of the cameras I used - sorting the IR shots always takes longer. (None of mine where Pentax as I was working and need to keep my kit more discrete/compact)
I was quite pleased with some of the panning shots I managed whilst with you & Peter on Saturday morning, chatting with 2 Pentax users must have helped inspire me
My better shots from here have now made it to Flickr (link in my sig. if interested)
I didn't manage any on the Grid - I was called back to meet the MD just as the cars started coming through, and there was never really time to grab the camera the rest of the weekend after that
No.s 3, 7, 8 & 13 are my favorites as I have practically nothing like your portraits.
Despite having little time for shooting I've only been through shots on one of the cameras I used - sorting the IR shots always takes longer. (None of mine where Pentax as I was working and need to keep my kit more discrete/compact)
I was quite pleased with some of the panning shots I managed whilst with you & Peter on Saturday morning, chatting with 2 Pentax users must have helped inspire me
My better shots from here have now made it to Flickr (link in my sig. if interested)
I didn't manage any on the Grid - I was called back to meet the MD just as the cars started coming through, and there was never really time to grab the camera the rest of the weekend after that
Mike
.
Pentax:K5ii, K7, K100D, DA18-55, DA10-17, DA55-300, DA50-200, F100-300, F50, DA35 AL, 4* M50, 2* M135, Helicoid extension, Tak 300 f4 (& 6 film bodies)
3rd Party: Bigmos (Sigma 150-500mm OS HSM),2* 28mm, 100mm macro, 28-200 zoom, 35-80 zoom, 80-200 zoom, 80-210 zoom, 300mm M42, 600 mirror, 1000-4000 scope, 50mm M42, enlarger lenses, Sony & micro 4/3 cameras with various PK mounts, Zenit E...
Far to many tele-converters, adapters, project parts & extension tubes etc.
.[size=11:].Flickr• WPF• Panoramio
.
Pentax:K5ii, K7, K100D, DA18-55, DA10-17, DA55-300, DA50-200, F100-300, F50, DA35 AL, 4* M50, 2* M135, Helicoid extension, Tak 300 f4 (& 6 film bodies)
3rd Party: Bigmos (Sigma 150-500mm OS HSM),2* 28mm, 100mm macro, 28-200 zoom, 35-80 zoom, 80-200 zoom, 80-210 zoom, 300mm M42, 600 mirror, 1000-4000 scope, 50mm M42, enlarger lenses, Sony & micro 4/3 cameras with various PK mounts, Zenit E...
Far to many tele-converters, adapters, project parts & extension tubes etc.
.[size=11:].Flickr• WPF• Panoramio
Posted 08/06/2016 - 19:32
Link
Cracking Shots, wish I knew how you got those driver portraits.
No14 looks like it was taken at the newly renamed Pentax Corner
IMHO with a slow pan if you get the front of the car sharp the work is done, I love the impression of speed that No2 has
Was good to meet you on Saturday afternoon, hope you had a good raceday with the family?
Regards
Pete A
No14 looks like it was taken at the newly renamed Pentax Corner
IMHO with a slow pan if you get the front of the car sharp the work is done, I love the impression of speed that No2 has
Was good to meet you on Saturday afternoon, hope you had a good raceday with the family?
Regards
Pete A
Posted 09/06/2016 - 09:50
Link
Thanks for the comments,
Pete, raceday was good, bit hot though !
I find it easier with the driver portraits to use my longer lens, have used the 100-300 in the past but used the 50-150 this time. Its so crowded during the pitwalk that a telephoto lens makes it easier to isolate the drivers head and shoulders. Saying that I didn't bother getting to Plato as the crowd was too much to get a clear shot.
No 14 and No 4(looking back down the track) were taken from Pentax Corner.
Regards
George
Pete, raceday was good, bit hot though !
I find it easier with the driver portraits to use my longer lens, have used the 100-300 in the past but used the 50-150 this time. Its so crowded during the pitwalk that a telephoto lens makes it easier to isolate the drivers head and shoulders. Saying that I didn't bother getting to Plato as the crowd was too much to get a clear shot.
No 14 and No 4(looking back down the track) were taken from Pentax Corner.
Regards
George
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


845 posts
16 years
Sheffield
Nice to meet up with Mike Kanssen and bump into fellow pentaxians Pete Aldridge and Pete Mellor.
I tried some slow (for me) panning shots, most ended up in the bin but some I quite liked the effect so have included a couple here.
All shot with a combination of Pentax K3 / K5iis and Sigma 100-300 F4, Pentax DA 16-85 and Sigma 50-150 2.8.
No 1
No 2
No 3
No 4
No 5
No 6
No 7
No 8
No 9
No 10
No 11
No 12
No 13
No 14
No 15
More can be seen here if interested. link
Regards
George