Brownsea Island - September 2021 - part one

LennyBloke

Link Posted 27/09/2021 - 16:41
Still fortunate enough to be able to stay in the castle on Brownsea Island (Poole Harbour) courtesy of the John Lewis Partnership, the island is such a calming and beautiful place - the ideal place to get my photo-mojo back, and this time round it certainly worked. Over the four and a bit days I took over 800 photos, 200 were deleted in camera, then around another 100 in processing, of the remainder 142 made it onto my Flickr account - that's a good keeper rate for me

Here's the first dozen...

1. A pair of local residents (this image was rescued by increasing the exposure in PP by 3.5 stops)

2. Pastel Trees

3. Morning Moon

4. The Old and the New (the "Castello" is the name of the blue boat that has ferried JL & NT members to and from the island for many years - the "Castello" is also the name of the shiny new larger boat that has taken over duties)

5. Cloud bank rolling into Sandbanks

6. The Lookout

7. Trees and Bokeh

8. Sika Stag by the heather heath

9. Condor and Gull

10. Forest webs (there were literally hundreds of these amongst the trees)

11. Tree Light

12. Warm Beech

Hope you enjoy
LennyBloke

reso

Link Posted 27/09/2021 - 17:03
Wow stunning your a very luck man
Great set of photos more please
k5iis k200d
sigma 10-20 3,5 hsm
tamron 17-50 2.8 pentax 18-55 al ii sigma 18-125 hsm tokina 28-70 pro ii pentax F 35-105 pentax 55-300 sigma 70-200 apo ex 2.8 sigma 120-400 apo dg hsm os
kenko pz af 1.5 tele tamron pz af 2.0 tele and a flash

Urbanmeister

Link Posted 27/09/2021 - 17:03
Seriously good, all of them. Must admit that morning moon, 3, does resonate.
Be well, stay well.

RobL

Link Posted 27/09/2021 - 17:15
What a great place to stay! Is this exclusive to JLP staff or can the hoipolloi stay as well? (I am a loyal customer - does that count?!)
Last Edited by RobL on 27/09/2021 - 17:15

LennyBloke

Link Posted 27/09/2021 - 18:23
RobL wrote:
What a great place to stay! Is this exclusive to JLP staff or can the hoipolloi stay as well? (I am a loyal customer - does that count?!)

One of the major benefits of working for John Lewis or Waitrose is the option to use one of their Hotels at a fair price - it can be difficult to book the week you want but we have been very fortunate in recent years to get the weeks we wanted. The Castle (and their other hotels) are not open to others Sorry Rob
LennyBloke

MrB

Link Posted 27/09/2021 - 18:24
LennyBloke wrote:

Hope you enjoy

Yes indeed.

Philip

davidwozhere

Link Posted 28/09/2021 - 01:24
The pastel trees are lovely, (as are the squirrels)
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

pschlute

Link Posted 28/09/2021 - 20:27
warm colours always do it for me.
Peter

My Flickr page

JAK

Link Posted 28/09/2021 - 20:31
RobL wrote:

Scouts and guides can camp on the island, if that helps..
John K

Defragged

Link Posted 29/09/2021 - 01:03
Some stunning photo's here in all four sets. Looks like you had a memorable time there.
C.O.L.B.A.S victim
(Compulsive Obsessive Lens Buying Addiction Syndrome)

What you need are lenses, more lenses, bigger lenses, better lenses, faster lenses, and when you have these, your pictures will be perfect!

LennyBloke

Link Posted 30/09/2021 - 10:19
Thanks for the kind comments on all 4 sets (and apologies for overloading)

It is a lovely place to visit, and even better to stay - especially when you have the island to yourself early morning and early evening - and it is a privilege for JL/Waitrose staff to benefit from this arrangement although in many cases well deserved. I didn't enjoy the fact that my Wife went to work 3 days a week throughout the pandemic and lockdown, dealing with a large number of customers each day - especially when I had the luxury of sheltering at home

A place like this is so good for your physical and mental health, Fingers crossed to be able to get in next year
LennyBloke

johnriley

Link Posted 30/09/2021 - 16:18
It is a fantastic and inspiring place. Great that you could spend a bit of time there, well worth it.
Best regards, John
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.