Brooklyn

womble
Posted 29/04/2010 - 02:48 Link
A warehouse in Brooklyn. The photo was taken from the Manhattan to Ikea watertaxi using a Pentax ES, SMC 55mm f/1.8 lens and XP2 film. Processed by CVS, scanned using a Minolta Dual Scan III.

Comment Image


Best wishes, Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
womble
Posted 29/04/2010 - 03:17 Link
A (different) warehouse in Brooklyn. Pentax ES, S-M-C 28mm f/3.5 lens and XP2 film. Processing as before.

Comment Image
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
K10D
Posted 29/04/2010 - 06:59 Link
lovely images Kris.

Glad to see your scanner is earning its keep.

Best regards
Too far from a shore.
i-Berg
Posted 29/04/2010 - 07:46 Link
No 1 is my pick, tho' I had a smile when I saw the airconditioning unit on the roof...

The second one - I really like the doors, although the wires were a nuisance for you. Would you consider cropping the top off?
thoughton
Posted 29/04/2010 - 10:16 Link
LIke number 1 Kris! The shapes of the window and door and the stars especially. (Are the stars trusses or just decorative?)

womble wrote:
Ask a question and be a fool for five minutes. Keep quiet, and be a fool forever. Chinese proverb.
Nice sig I think the Western corollary would be "It is better to keep silent and appear a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt". Funnily enough, both make perfect sense to me
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
womble
Posted 29/04/2010 - 10:48 Link
thoughton wrote:
Are the stars trusses or just decorative?
I think they are the ends of trusses inside the warehouse, but I am only guessing. They seem to be quite common on warehouses of that general date.

Here is another one but I didn't have a longer lens on me to do it justice. I'll have another go next time.

Comment Image


Best wishes, Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
womble
Posted 29/04/2010 - 10:51 Link
i-Berg wrote:
No 1 is my pick, tho' I had a smile when I saw the airconditioning unit on the roof...

The second one - I really like the doors, although the wires were a nuisance for you. Would you consider cropping the top off?
I wondered about cropping it just above the 16 and below the windowsill.

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo