Brittany

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 08/08/2019 - 15:54
Hi all... working this summer, so thought I'd post these from last summer in Brittany. Various villages, towns (inc Quimper) and west facing beaches. All Pentax K1ii and various lenses inc. FA 24-90, DFA 24-70, FAJ 75-300, FA 20.

All thoughts/comments/observations etc. gratefully received as ever...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

ilovesaabs

Link Posted 08/08/2019 - 16:10
superb!
AKA Welshwizard/PWynneJ
Assorted Pentax/Nikon/Mamiya stuff

swarf

Link Posted 08/08/2019 - 22:05
Bill

What a great set! You've presented us with a range images that are quite differently stylistically but that are all effective with their own merits. Really difficult to pick a favorite(s), so i'm not going to try.

Phil
K-5iiS; K-r; ME Super; ME; DA* 16-50 f2.8; DA 18-135 WR; DA 55-300 WR; HD DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited; FA 50mm f1.4; A50mm f1.7; DAL 18-55mm; M40mm f2.8; + assorted non-Pentax lenses

My Flikr Page link

davidwozhere

Link Posted 09/08/2019 - 00:36
I only comment on 14 because it's one of those places where "you can't get it all in the frame". What you have put into this frame perfectly sums up what is left out of it and presents a super satisfying image at the same time. Otherwise, exactly what the others have said - all different, all wonderful. Thanks for sharing them.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

richandfleur

Link Posted 09/08/2019 - 00:58
Quite the eye for composition there!
A superb set.

1stEverPentax

Link Posted 09/08/2019 - 12:21
Another great set Bill...possibly a bit varied than usual but with a very high standard set throughout...with possible exception for me of No.11.

My favourite ...for sheer impact as I scrolled down was No.14...brilliant detailed image.

regards

Karlo

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 09/08/2019 - 19:54
Thanks Peter, Phil, David, Rich and Karlo for thoughts re these... always appreciated...

David and Karlo, thanks for thoughts re 14... yes, took quite a while to line it up... as you say, very much about what to leave out as to what to put in... Karlo... thanks for thoughts re 11... suspect it might be a bit of a marmite image... was looking to juxtapose the 2 triangular roofs background with the triangular pile of stones foreground... a kind of ďbeforeĒ vs ďafterĒ idea...

Elsewhere, No.2 is an ICM image from inside Quimper Cathedral... and just realised that no.18 was taken with my K5 (itís an IR shot)...

Thanks again all...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

pschlute

Link Posted 09/08/2019 - 23:46
Nice work as we have come to expect from you Bill.

I love the seascapes and the compressed perspective town shots.

My favourite however is 12. My eye keeps moving from the triangle to the riders.
Peter

My Flickr page

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 10/08/2019 - 19:23
Thanks Peter... yes, was lucky with 12... was lining it up when the horse riders came up on the shoreline from behind me...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

pschlute

Link Posted 10/08/2019 - 21:46
thingsthatihaveseen wrote:
yes, was lucky with 12... was lining it up when the horse riders came up on the shoreline from behind me...

I can translate that for you........

"Yes I stayed up all night untill the early horse riders came into shot as planned"
Peter

My Flickr page

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 10/08/2019 - 23:38
pschlute wrote:
thingsthatihaveseen wrote:
yes, was lucky with 12... was lining it up when the horse riders came up on the shoreline from behind me...

I can translate that for you........

"Yes I stayed up all night untill the early horse riders came into shot as planned"

Ah yes... thank you Peter... that is of course exactly what I meant to say

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

Nigelk

Link Posted 13/08/2019 - 13:38
Another interesting set, very enjoyable and strong on the composition. Perhaps not quite grabbing me as much as your other recent posts but all well seen and executed as ever.
Wish my out put was so consistent.

Lubbyman

Link Posted 14/08/2019 - 11:54
Some thoughts after coming back to this set several times over several days.

Perceptive and technical excellence, as usual.

Is this actually two sets rolled into one? The almost abstract pictures based on patterns with straight edges seem to form one set, the more scenic pictures with sky and clouds seem to form a second set. Mixing them up as they are here doesn't quite come off for me.

I saw (first time!) what you were getting at in No. 11 but agree with Karlo that it isn't as strong as the others. My eyes wander to left and right rather than resting on the triangles at the centre. Would cropping the RHS to the edge of the pile of rubble and an equal amount off the LHS help? Incidentally, which is 'before' and which is 'after'? Houses built from stone or houses ultimately decaying into stone?

Hope that's useful.

Steve

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 15/08/2019 - 21:12
Thanks Nigel and Steve for considered thoughts re these... always useful...

Yes, agree these are def a bit more disparate as a set... as you say Steve, probably 2 sets in one... took them in a bit more random fashion than I would usually as quite heavily dependent on wherever we happened to be at the time... thought about splitting them up, but didnít feel I had quite enough (good ones) of each, so bunged them all together...

Also, have been holding them back a bit as did a set of starscapes using the astrotracer on the K1ii while I was there too, and wanted to show them all together... but simply havenít got the time at the mo to teach myself the requisite photoshop skills (vertical panoramas, swapping in pin sharp stars on a couple of the lower frames on the panos where Iíve done a second exposure for sharp scenery - any ideas for an easy fix/idiot proof programme that does this would be much appreciated), so will cover that as a separate project later...

Steve, thanks also for thoughts re 11... suspect you may well be right re a crop... will def have a look when Iím back home at W.e...

Cheers both
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 25/08/2019 - 19:52
Rework (Square crop) of no.11... much improved I think... cheers Steve and Karlo for thoughts re this... gd point re which is before and which is after... prob both if we carry on the rate we're going...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.