Brirtish Museum

paulyrichard
Posted 21/08/2009 - 21:47 Link
I caught this today (21/08/09), while at the British Museum.

Museum Arcs

[IMG]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j159/paulyrichard/britishmuseum1of1clonedbordered-1.jpg[/IMG]
"All the technique in the world doesn’t compensate for the inability to notice." - Elliott Erwitt

http://paulyrichard.wordpress.com/
TonyM
Posted 21/08/2009 - 22:12 Link
A good angle - knowing the place and having seen your previous work this was not a surprise. Looking more closely, I wonder whether you're up to some PP? The lettering on the top could be emphasised with some (painstaking!) dodging, or even a black/grey paintbrush? Maybe this would add a more precise focus with the words emanating from the centre?

Tony
RR
Posted 21/08/2009 - 23:14 Link
Another brilliant composition Pauly. Next time I come to London I'm gonna look you up to help me look up !


Bob
mecrox
Posted 22/08/2009 - 00:04 Link
A great pic as well as a great angle, as you've kept all the details and nothing is blown. The Luohan, room 33. Well worth getting to know, imho. Capturing stillness. Not easy.
darlene
Posted 22/08/2009 - 02:17 Link
I do like BW..but the building on the left is not doing the picture any favors...
paulyrichard
Posted 22/08/2009 - 08:58 Link
Thanks all.

Rob, it would have to be a brief visit to the Camera Cafe first for a cup of 'cha' and some inspiration, and a look at that crazy old 1000mm in the window.

Mecrox, there is some real nice stuff to photograph in here. The new Aztec exhibition is great. A tripod and permission is the deal here I think.
"All the technique in the world doesn’t compensate for the inability to notice." - Elliott Erwitt

http://paulyrichard.wordpress.com/
Aiki
Posted 22/08/2009 - 19:36 Link
Good.

I have the same thought: it would be interesting to see London with your eyes
Maybe it would open mine then for other places as well - at least a bit

PS. When I scrolled the screen, the pattern started moving !
Aiki

----
Pentax K20D; SMC DA 18-55mm II kit; Sigma AF 70-300/4-5.6 APO DG MACRO
GIMP Flickr
PPG
paulyrichard
Posted 22/08/2009 - 20:35 Link
Thanks Aiki.

Yeah I know, I noticed that when I posted and scrolled it initially.
"All the technique in the world doesn’t compensate for the inability to notice." - Elliott Erwitt

http://paulyrichard.wordpress.com/
pschlute
Posted 22/08/2009 - 22:17 Link
Lovely capture Pauly
Edited by pschlute: 22/08/2009 - 22:17
Snootchies
Posted 22/08/2009 - 22:24 Link
Fab stuff - I love the shadows on the white building to the right; it gives the shot a feeling of completeness or uniformity which works for me.
Bob

My website (Hadfield Photography)

Pentax Gallery Artist page:link

Flickr Photostream: link
paulyrichard
Posted 23/08/2009 - 00:37 Link
Thanks Peter, thanks Bob.
"All the technique in the world doesn’t compensate for the inability to notice." - Elliott Erwitt

http://paulyrichard.wordpress.com/

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo