Brilliant Local Council

techno-terminator

Link Posted 24/09/2010 - 17:16
Yes mine again - and this is a real cracker

link

Excuse me - some wee lassie couldn't spot this ??

No wonder we get problems
let the education continue

proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs

dougf8

Link Posted 24/09/2010 - 18:48
South L'anarchyshire?
Lurking is shirking.!

techno-terminator

Link Posted 24/09/2010 - 20:02
Yup - the place where you can't take photos in a park without giving them 24 hours notice .

Ain't life wonderful

MrCynical

Link Posted 24/09/2010 - 20:09
It's at times like these that I really miss PU not having a laughing smiley like phpBB. Absolutely priceless

Hardgravity

Link Posted 24/09/2010 - 21:12
...and to recoup the loss the council will be charging all council tax payers a further 10...

Sorry, slipped into a possible future there.

The guys in charge at South loony shire council should be sacked and the lost money taken from their estates.
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

flossie

Link Posted 24/09/2010 - 22:19
As i recall, one of the few good things about local councils is that the councillers can be Surcharged for any financial mistakes they make (c.f. Dame Shirely Porter...). Sadly, central government made themeselves convienently immune to this - which must have been helpful for various New Labour ministers when they were signing an endless stream of disasterous contracts...
Still shooting in the dark (literally and metaphorically)...

fatspider

Link Posted 25/09/2010 - 00:13
I just had wonderful mental image of a man in a wheelchair sunning himself in the Caribean, sipping a cocktail while reviewing exotic wildflower images on his camera, occasionally raising his glass in a toast to the council.
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

Pentaxophile

Link Posted 25/09/2010 - 00:57
Probably some low paid, undertrained admin assistant signed off the fraudulent paperwork while their mind was taken off the job with worries about the big public sector cuts coming our way.
[link=https://500px.com/will_brealey/[/link]

flossie

Link Posted 25/09/2010 - 08:59
Pentaxophile wrote:
Probably some low paid, undertrained admin assistant signed off the fraudulent paperwork while their mind was taken off the job with worries about the big public sector cuts coming our way.

well clearly then in that case they should be first to be sacked...they wouldn't last 5 minutes if they made such a mistake in a (properly run) private company, why should the public sector be any different.
Still shooting in the dark (literally and metaphorically)...

techno-terminator

Link Posted 25/09/2010 - 10:38
I personally can't understand why whoever it was who accepted the written / typed letter on headed paper didn't actually phone their contact in the other company to check that the info was correct .

techno-terminator

Link Posted 25/09/2010 - 10:39
fatspider wrote:
I just had wonderful mental image of a man in a wheelchair sunning himself in the Caribean, sipping a cocktail while reviewing exotic wildflower images on his camera, occasionally raising his glass in a toast to the council.

Now this one really does appeal

pentaxian450

Link Posted 25/09/2010 - 11:58
One thing for sure.
Whoever conned them had inside intel so they would know some details about the transactions going on with the council and it's suppliers.
Yves (another one of those crazy Canucks)

Smeggypants

Link Posted 25/09/2010 - 20:36
techno-terminator wrote:
fatspider wrote:

Now this one really does appeal

hehe - Yeah that was an excellent post.
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283

Smeggypants

Link Posted 25/09/2010 - 20:37
Pentaxophile wrote:

The same numpty who made the nonsense declraation that photographing someone in public was taking their personal details.

How do these people get jobs?
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283

Dangermouse

Link Posted 25/09/2010 - 20:40
Usually by ticking all the diversity boxes, having a bit of paper to say they can turn a computer on without injuring themselves, and being willing to put up with local government office politics!
Matt

Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.