Brighton

DrOrloff
Posted 18/01/2012 - 14:57 Link
A few photos from my recent jaunt. I didn't manage anywhere near what I wanted, but it's a very rewarding area so I must get back more often. C&C welcome as always:

Some colourful things:

Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Some not so colourful things:

Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image
pianoman
Posted 18/01/2012 - 16:11 Link
Great work 1234 for me in that order but they are all great shots No1 for me is superb and No 3

You had a good day I love the place too
All the best

David
davidtrout
Posted 18/01/2012 - 16:15 Link
Agreed, they are all wonderful shots. The use of colour is superb. I'm impressed you have come back from Brighton with some orignal images, not just the Pavilion or the piers.
David


PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout
snappychappy
Posted 18/01/2012 - 16:17 Link
You have a great eye for patterns and colors, a super set.
Frogfish
Posted 18/01/2012 - 17:34 Link
Love these ! #4 and #5 are my favourite two.
http://frogfish.smugmug.com/ Pentax. Pentax DA*300/4, Cosina 55/1.2, Lens Baby Composer Pro & Edge 80, AFA x1.7, Metz 50 af1.
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0
fritzthedog
Posted 18/01/2012 - 18:23 Link
Fantastic set that appeals to my love of strong lines and the eclectic - 1,5,6,7,10 particularly for me - but not a 'filler' in site

Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more
Pentaxophile
Posted 18/01/2012 - 18:58 Link
Excellent set, nice one. I particularly like the stacked chair shot, and the middle two mono shots. Of them all, the second to last shot of the brick walls/pillars is my favourite - nice piece of moody minimalism.

The second works least well for me. It's got loads going for it, but something about the crop and the jogger's position feels slightly uncomfortable.
geordie01
Posted 18/01/2012 - 22:17 Link
Nice work Adrian
davidstorm
Posted 18/01/2012 - 22:45 Link
Great set Adrian, I like no 5 in particular but they are all superb.

Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs
K10D
Posted 18/01/2012 - 23:46 Link
Excellent work. No's 6 & 10 for me. Original and well photographed.

Best regards
Too far from a shore.
DrOrloff
Posted 15/02/2012 - 08:07 Link
Thanks for the commments. Glad you enjoyed the photos, it's one of those can't go wrong locations with so much interest.

Of course I did some of the obvious shots too, no shame:

[IMG]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7169/6718079913_5a733098c1_z.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7007/6816210239_8e9539eb8c_z.jpg[/IMG]
aliengrove
Posted 16/02/2012 - 08:16 Link
A very productive visit to Brighton! I especially like the stacked chairs and the Vespas. Love that second mono shot too. The whole set is very good, though I agree with Pentaxopile re the second one. I am also not so keen on the last mono one, of the arches, but probably because it just doen't seem to fit in this set.

Is the first mono shot showing some new sport? Urban fishing?
Blythman
Posted 16/02/2012 - 08:33 Link
Missed these first time around Dr. O

Don't know how, they are fabulous. Vibrant colours and patterns and then the lovely control of lighting on that first mono
Alan


PPG
Flickr
Stuey
Posted 16/02/2012 - 12:37 Link
I like the photos

Shame on me but number 1 of the second set is my favourite

I have never been to Brighton
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link
DrOrloff
Posted 16/02/2012 - 13:09 Link
Thanks all. Street fishing is the flickr title of that shot and that's exactly what it is, students fishing for money with a hat on the end of the line.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo